Forums

Help › Forums

Holed Approach Award?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 20 2009 10:03 AM (3 replies)
  • lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 3:51 AM

Just throwing this out there to see what kind of response it might generate...

As of this post I have over 130 hit flagsticks and not quite 50 holed approach shots.  Unlike Tibbets', mine rarely go in.  Am just wondering why I get recognition for hitting the ball too hard but on line, but not for actually making it from pitch/chip/flop (anything other than putt).

It would only be a virtual trophy of whatever status, but it is not that easy for players like myself to hit the hole from whatever hell they've created.  It shows up in stats, but wouldn't it be nice to have a shiny trinket on profile page?

Is it just me?  Too late at night?  Anyone's input??

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 5:50 AM

Kinda like a "Chip-In Award" or something like that... I agree that there is something missing there too, it should really include any shot that goes in from within say 10 or 15 yards of the putting surface (but not on the putting surface)

Good Idea

• ITTTECH
    1 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 8:09 AM

AVATAR LEE,    tHIS IS ITTTECH?    u ARE AN AWESOME PLAYER, BUT HOW DO U SHOOT THOSE CRAZY SCORES AND GET THE DISTANCE U GET?   IVE BEEN PLAYING SINCE JULY 2009. ANY TIPS WILL HELP!!!   THANKS

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 10:03 AM

I ain't AvatarLee, but distance is no longer a problem in this game. Move up to the Master tier & you can buy the long-distance clubs. Even the best clubs in the Pro tier will allow you to cover all the distance needed. As to "crazy scores", Lee mentioned his average distance from pin upon hitting green was 6 ft in a recent tournament, so with that kind of precision of approach, birdies & eagles will be frequent.

RSS