Forums

Help › Forums

Banner ads and scripts blocking play

Tue, Aug 21 2018 10:50 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jtstillman
    3 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2016 9:33 AM

I continue to have problems every time I play. Between holes, when it goes to the score card and you have to click continue, I have a banner ad on screen that covers the continue button. I have learned that if I right click on screen to report this then it removes the banner and allows me to click continue. Then about 20% of the time it will leave some script writing on the bottom of the screen that covers the meter.At this point I have to close out the screen. Then it all starts over.

Can we not get this fixed? I have been a loyal member here since the inception but it is getting almost more frustrating to play than not. Hoping that if enough of us can report this WGT will address the problems.

Thanks for listening to me vent.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2016 9:44 AM

Install Adblock to your browser or download Maxthon browser (it comes with Adblockplus).

End of problem.

I know we shouldn't need workarounds for WGTs errors but here we are...

• HALFBACKFLANK
    416 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 3:21 AM

Try hitting the enter button on your keyboard to advance.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 10:08 AM

ADBLOCK !

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 4:18 PM

+ 63,897 w/link - even though this is the Community Introductions forum.

Ad Block 

• spinwizard
    5 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 3:40 PM

I pay good money to WGT! I don't think Google should plant a banner across the middle of my game play! To clear it I have to reload, the third time it happens, I get disqualified. I mean WTF WGT. I'm your customer. Don't you care? I don't mind ads, but not across the game grid. FIX IT!

BTW Who did the layout and the 'click points? You should fire that jerk. Not very user friendly. Just sayin.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 5:31 PM

Get AdBlock, We all have it

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 11:05 PM

Even on the browser that doesn’t have Adblock I have never seen an ad block my meter where I couldn’t play. That sounds more like an adbot that needs something like adbot search and destroy to get rid of.

• gherkinhead1
    245 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 3:21 AM

if you are getting these adds......

you are DOOMED

these faceless nameless unknown entities will follow you for the rest of your WGT days.

CAVEAT

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 9:03 AM

gherkinhead1:

if you are getting these adds......

you are DOOMED

these faceless nameless unknown entities will follow you for the rest of your WGT days.

CAVEAT

WGT Armageddon

• PAGES
RSS