YouTube Videos error

Mon, Sep 2 2019 10:17 AM (26 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2017 1:42 PM

Jeffwins:
    Scott, your a genius! Thanks bro!

I wish.  : )

What I found out hasn't really helped WGT to fix the problem, but at least we know what is causing videos not to play. Cheers Jeff.  ; )
  • IvoryJaques
    333 Posts
    Fri, May 5 2017 10:56 AM

Hi Scott

Don't know you but I was pulling my hair out trying to embed a youtube video I had made. The URL had the dreaded letters and after reading this I deleted the video, uploaded again with a new URL and hey presto without those letters it worked.

Many thanks 

Kenny

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sat, May 6 2017 1:28 AM

Thank you Kenny. Glad to hear you got it sorted. Doesn't look like WGT are going to fix this bug anytime soon though.  : (

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Jun 11 2017 8:30 AM

IvoryJaques:
    I deleted the video, uploaded again with a new URL

Scott,

Thanks for the link to this thread through pm's, but can you, or anyone, explain how to "upload again with a new URL"?

I've tried posting the same video three times and I keep getting the same URL.

Is there something I'm missing?

MC

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sun, Jun 11 2017 8:46 AM

The URL is generated when the video is uploaded. If you didn't upload the video then you can't get a different URL. You can only do that if you made the video in the first place.

Sorry MC, you'll just have to make do with a clickable link for a video that won't work in the forum.

• NicNac19
    3,927 Posts
    Mon, Sep 2 2019 8:14 AM

I don't post many videos...but a CC tourney I put on for us Bushwackers "needed" one. I played around and found "righ-clicking" the youtube video and "Copy embed code" and inserting it in WGT's provided HTML (Edit HTML Source) finally worked.

Perhaps this already solved...but this worked for me. Great stuff you do around here Scott...many thanks.

Nic

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Mon, Sep 2 2019 10:17 AM

Cheers Nic, but unfortunately that isn't where the problem lies.

Each video has a unique ID...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYRy4ZcdPC8

...and if that ID starts with one of the following letters,  [achtvw]  upper or lowercase,  then it will not work here at WGT.

RSS