Forums

Help › Forums

Chipping when on Green

Wed, Sep 19 2018 9:51 PM (22 replies)
  • mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2018 6:44 AM

ct690911:

"But you dare to mention this imbalance and wait for the snarling teeth and dripping gums. The baying of the hounds screaming abuse."

Dramatic much?...not one post has done this. They merely pointed out that using a wedge on the green was legal.

try decaf

+1

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2018 10:30 AM

Pre-Trump thread, worn-out subject.

'nuff said.

• jabonic
    854 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2018 3:59 PM

Image result for funny gifs beating a dead horse

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2018 5:22 PM

Note to self...if ever playing rdodge, expiredloch, Tigerpaw be sure to pull out that wedge on green.  Often!  Throw them right off!  

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 7:32 AM

pmm711:
    You guys really make me shake my head...it has NOTHING to do with the ability to putt...the player is merely playing the best shot they believe they have "in order to beat their opponent".  Which again IS fair play in this game and on the PGA Tour.

It has everything do with putting,if it doesnt make any difference then why do they "chip" everything?Like I said Winning at all cost while the rest of the field is putting they trying to get a leg up but if they enjoy the Arcade feel of chipping go for it.

How many putts this year on the Pga tour?A few thousand.How many chips on the green in Pga tour this year? 1 or 2 maybe.Why dont they chip everything?its in the rules...

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 8:38 AM
    Tigerpaw509:

How many putts this year on the Pga tour?A few thousand.How many chips on the green in Pga tour this year? 1 or 2 maybe.Why dont they chip everything?its in the rules...

I think we all understand what you’re saying, but, are you going to get angry and quit if someone chips on a green vs. you? I hope not. I hope you’re a good enough putter to just continue on and kick their azz. The point is NOT to quit. Forge on vs. that shot...after all, it is legal and legit. This topic comes up too much. We’ve beaten this dead horse enough, eh?
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 8:41 AM

Tigerpaw509:
    Why dont they chip everything?
    It's better for them, because they are first class at putting! (and WGT chips are seemingly too consistent)

Tigerpaw509:
    its in the rules...
    Show me!

(no, it's not)

The rules state, bring the ball from tee to hole in the least number of strokes, but not which clubs to use...

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 9:31 AM

Tigerpaw509:

pmm711:
    You guys really make me shake my head...it has NOTHING to do with the ability to putt...the player is merely playing the best shot they believe they have "in order to beat their opponent".  Which again IS fair play in this game and on the PGA Tour.

It has everything do with putting,if it doesnt make any difference then why do they "chip" everything?Like I said Winning at all cost while the rest of the field is putting they trying to get a leg up but if they enjoy the Arcade feel of chipping go for it.

to put it very simply they are more accurate putting than they are chipping or pitching on a green.

if they were more accurate chipping and pitching they'd do it. which is why you see it a few times a year. specific situations.

in WGT due to programming you can be more consistently precise with  using a wedge than you can with using a putter in specific situations.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 10:00 AM
    Mythanatos:

Tigerpaw509:

pmm711:

to put it very simply they are more accurate putting than they are chipping or pitching on a green.

if they were more accurate chipping and pitching they'd do it. which is why you see it a few times a year. specific situations.

in WGT due to programming you can be more consistently precise with  using a wedge than you can with using a putter in specific situations.

Perfect answer...and yet we have people who love to argue this point. It is really that simple.
  • JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 12:12 PM

But WGT is 'the most realistic golf game on the web'

or maybe not, as we see.

RSS