Forums

Help › Forums

Struggle with a consistent yet unexplained Misding

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 4 2016 1:58 PM (6 replies)
  • MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2016 11:47 AM

I actually should probably not call it a misding, because its simply my click registering late and hence becoming a misding but anyway. 

A few months back when I moved upnorth I started having serious issues with unexplained clicks registering late and leading to serious pushes, wide enough that I am losing balls often and at the very least a stroke sometimes its so bad 3-4. At first i justified this as a result of moving and being on slower internet. I deal with regular occurrence usually once every round, and I assumed when I moved back to faster internet at the end of the summer this issue would end too. 

I have since moved back home/school and the issue has not been resolved, but has stayed consistent and perhaps even happened more frequently. I never encountered misdings to this degree (outside normal minor misdings that are my fault) in the first 8 months playing this game. 

I cannot explain this and wonder if anyone else has faced this issue. it is costing me atleast 1-2 strokes each time it happens, and with it happening 2-3 times a round sometimes it is costing me a lot of strokes. 

So far I have ruled out the following as the cause 

- internet connecting 

- human error (I watch the meter go on after i've clicked)

- mouse (Ive tried a different mouse and had the same issue, hoping to try another and reconfirm, but I'm pretty sure isnt the mouse) I'm using a logitech Performance Mx wireless, bought new last christmas, has had no issues. 

Can anyone help me with this? I'm using a 2013 Macbook Air Running El Capitan. 

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2016 12:29 PM

This LINK may give you a thought or two on hitting the ding.  Gary

PS I have since changed the browser I use to Maxathon cloud ver 4.4.8 and slimjet.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2016 2:26 PM

Wireless mice (?) aren't the best for WGT, try a wired one.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2016 2:33 PM

Thanks I will give that a try, but I don't think me hitting the ding is the issue, it is the click being registered late

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2016 3:05 PM

sounds like the differance between one internet provider and another.  had that problem in the past, years ago.  my nickle.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 1:58 PM

Solarflares:

Do not run excel whilst playing , and make sure the laptop's touchpad is disabled completely.

Try hard-wiring with ethernet to your router , and use a wired-mouse and keyboard.

I'm assuming you are the sole-user of your connection?  Otherwise you will have to go into the router's setup and restrict other's bandwidth.

Why no to excel? 

I only started running excel recently while playing, and this issue started long before that. I will disable the trackpad. Smart idea

RSS