Help › Forums

Does WGT care about its players?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 31 2016 3:21 AM (3 replies)
  • GreenOstrich
    4 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2016 4:56 PM

Time to vent.

I've seen threads on here before about forfeiting. Some people complain that you just can't help it. You might be at work playing during a slow time and business picks up, You might be at home and your baby starts crying and you need to go. Ok....fine.

Right now I'm ranked 49. EIGHT TIMES IN THE LAST 2 DAYS...I've had players ranked 80 or higher get to the last stroke of the last hole...realizing they couldn't come back...AND FORFEIT. Not only does this screw me out of XP, it also saves their average from dropping. And it's a waste of time playing an entire match for basically nothing.

WGT...do your players right and reward players their deserved XP. I spend anywhere from 15-45 minutes doing my best to beat people with $200 worth of clubs...using starter clubs, patience and skill alone...and end up with next to nothing to show for it.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2016 6:13 PM

I also hate when people purposely forfeit. You are a Pro with an 80 avg and starter kit...not sure how many players you beat who have "$200" in kit. It probably can't be too many as they need to be a much higher level than you to even obtain the equipment...so add course knowledge to their advantage.

You get out what you put in bro. Join a CC or make some trusted friends...nobody forfeit then.

ct

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2016 3:09 AM

GreenOstrich:
    EIGHT TIMES IN THE LAST 2 DAYS...I've had players ranked 80 or higher get to the last stroke of the last hole...realizing they couldn't come back...AND FORFEIT. Not only does this screw me out of XP, it also saves their average from dropping. And it's a waste of time playing an entire match for basically nothing.

You must be talking about matchplay (if strokeplay, you could finish the game without them), getting beat in matchplay has zero effect on your average.

I never understand why anyone quits a matchplay game they're losing, it just doesn't matter.

The only way to avoid this happening is to play with friends or fellow club members.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2016 3:21 AM

PaulTon:

You must be talking about matchplay (if strokeplay, you could finish the game without them), getting beat in matchplay has zero effect on your average.

I never understand why anyone quits a matchplay game they're losing, it just doesn't matter.

A quick look shows no matchplay games played, so unless literally nobody finishes...  I think that in stroke play the more players that finish the more XP's you get.

I don't see the point in quitting in stroke play either, saturation removes bad scores and the person that quits certainly doesn't get the XP's.

RSS