Mon, Sep 12 2016 11:21 AM

Just played my match against TWilliamsjr
    TW is a nice and friendly player
    We had some problems with WGT but we get a grip on it
    Took a early lead about 3 up on 6th green
    On the turn 2 up for me
    TW come back on 12 th green.....1up for me
    Till end i could manage to hold the 1up
    TW's putter was not working today....lost many short putts....know that feeling
    On another day the game had gone the other way

Great match and great company TW

Just want to thank all the guys behind the scenes that organize these great CC-matches

Yep............. next victory for SEL :D :D :D
    cheers Klaus

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 1:21 PM

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 2:40 PM

Just finished a most enjoyable game with Mark, what a great guy and a great sport he is.

We were all square through 8 holes and it was difficult to see where one of us was going to get the edge but a few putting woes from Mark over the next few holes let me in. I took a surprising 3 up lead but Mark hit straight back with 2 brilliant birds on 12 and 13 to peg it back to 1.

I then found Narnia off the tee on 14 and gifted wgt another ball, still scratching my head as it's a line I take every time with a tailwind. I chanced another tee shot and did exactly the same thing haha, all square.

I composed myself and found a bit of magic to take the next and followed up sinking a crazy 9ft bender on 16 to go dormie 2. I hit my best ever shot on the long par 3 17th to 3.5ft to finish with a 3up win.

Was a great match and I have to say you're a credit to this game and your club Mark, top guy and anytime you fancy hooking up i'd be happy to oblige. (WGT that is lol)

Cheers Mark, i'm off to the 14th to look for my Nike :)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2016 4:40 AM

• Nicozandberg
    716 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2016 12:16 PM

Just finished my match against Warbo123. Great fun, and played in a friendly manner. Absolutely brilliant play, and I had no chance whatsoever.

Hope to have a game soon again.

Warbo wins 5&4

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2016 12:42 PM

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2016 2:43 PM

Three matches down and 4 to be played. Got em right where we want em SEL. :-)

• Pittfan78
    624 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2016 5:32 PM

Looks like i got the deciding match for a Grande Oaks victory.  Played Elbirdo tonight and i came out with a 2 and 1 victory.  

Fun but stressful round with Frank.  I got out an early front 9 lead and had to hold on the bitter end including an almost 360 degree lip in for birdie on 16 for me to keep my lead. 17 was a disaster but thats the last we'll talk of that lol.

Congrats to both clubs and also the people from both clubs who set up this very well run event.

• mikewilleford
    1,544 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2016 6:08 PM

Well done SEL very nice match...you guys are Def a class act. We enjoyed it all the way thru!!!. Ty Nico for allowing us the opportunity to play this match.

Mike

RSS