Forums

Help › Forums

Practice rounds vs. real tournaments

Mon, Oct 14 2019 7:12 AM (4 replies)
  • Heath021
    378 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 6:21 AM

Do a little experiment. Play a tournament round and than set up a practice round with the same conditions and see how different they play.  I have notice this for years. Just played a tournament round at Chamber's Bay...brutal conditions didn't shoot very well. Than played the very same conditions in practice mode.  Totally different outcome. My formulas actually worked! I couldn't miss a putt! The ball actually went where I aimed! I even half assed a few shots but the results were fantastic! 

It seems when I play a tournament its like the precision of my putter goes down.  I have the best putter WGT offers (except for the gold one) but still it reacts very weird at times.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 8:00 AM

Your L101 putter is probably better than the Golden Calf - don't let colour or pricetag fool you!

Your observation maybe correct - beginner's condition don't match Legend conditions - but it is as it is...

• Kooltimes
    47 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 4:36 AM

".but it is as it is"  Is a BS response.  If practice mode is not the same as real mode when you select the conditions.  Then there is no practice mode just some other BS mode that is 80% correct.  That is not practice!  I want to hear from WGT on why they are different?  Getting tired of practicing and getting different results when I play.  WGT please respond.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 6:04 AM

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 7:12 AM

Kooltimes:

".but it is as it is"  Is a BS response.  If practice mode is not the same as real mode when you select the conditions.  Then there is no practice mode just some other BS mode that is 80% correct.  That is not practice!  I want to hear from WGT on why they are different?  Getting tired of practicing and getting different results when I play.  WGT please respond.

Practice setting is to help you get the basic knowledge of the course and how it may play . Its how you learn your way around a course and plan out how to play the course .  If you have ever watched a real tournament then you know that the players get time , to play practice rounds .

You get to try different shots and learn your basic yardages and even get a feel of the greens and how they may putt . But you are not going to get the exact same setup in practice as in a tournament .

In fact even in a tournament the game doesnt play the same . If you play a tournament more than one time , I guarantee that it will not play the same way . So why do you expect the same results between practice and tournament .

RSS