rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:41 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:00 AM

speedyschic:
    I also just purchased the spider putter 

Bad call!   I think you (& anyone) should have purchased the new Ping Redwood putter instead. It's hands-down the best putter ever presented in this game, and I've played a lot with all 5 of them. (I'd say Spider is currently the second-best putter.)

bluescouse:
    I just assumed that you chose him as a representation of your own state of mind whilst your playing the game, i.e. pessimistic, and that my ignorance of who he was meant that your very witty (and ironic) choice of avatar was lost on me.

It's not that... But he was convinced that most people's thinking is hopelessly flawed, so it's a good avatar to have for forum discussions... When hordes of people oppose you, it's as if the avatar nodded at you and said, "See? It's just as I've been telling you... Being so vehemently opposed, you're probably correct!"  

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:09 AM

I havent tried that putter but I'd say that I prefer slower swing meters. I have tried all kinds of different irons and drivers and because of the faster swing meters I couldnt hit sand if I fell off a camel.... hmmm.. actually I stayed in the sand. ummmm.. water if I fell out of a boat??? Nahhh

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:19 AM

Yeah, I prefer Raptures over TaylorMades because of the slower meter speed, too, but this new putter is so dramatically better than the Spider that it's worth getting it even at the risk of a faster swing meter. (I play all important games with GI-D balls, anyway.)

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:33 AM

Interesting stuff Gentlemen, but I too prefer the slower swing meter, my reactions not being what they once were!

Inspired by both your comments I just played a quick 9 and hit 5 birdies (and one bogey, sadly).

Thanks for the kick up the backside.

Sean

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:37 AM

And I see you're still using the starter balls, bluescouse. With GI-D balls that slow down your meter even more, there'd probably have been even more than 5 birdies.  

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:39 AM

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:550:0]

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:41 AM

That's some deep rough over there.

• PAGES
RSS