Forums

Help › Forums

The New GS Wind/Putting Calculator

Sat, Oct 1 2016 12:26 AM (127 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2016 10:16 AM

If the wind is from the left I aim a bit more left, if the wind is against I hit it a bit harder, and vice versa.

Works for me.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2016 10:42 AM

MrFunnyWobbl:

Looks sophisticated

The language barrier makes it a bit puzzling though

It doesn't look pretty and it's written in Korean since it's made purely for the sake of personal use.

Actually, it is nothing but a summary (mathematically expressed on an Excel sheet) of all the tips & know-hows learned from various WGT savants.

If you're looking for some useful contents of the game, Pinhunter's website or MistressCosette's blog is a good place to start with. (I just checked your profile and I'm sure you already know the things I know since you play as good as I do.)

Cheers! :)

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2016 3:28 PM

I  just hear of Cozettes today. Before that I just used pinhunters and Kilbraurs notes

• Marco129
    275 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 1:25 PM

Gary and Scott,

Thank you both for your hard work and sharing.

- Mark

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2016 4:39 AM

Thanks Mark.  ; )

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2016 8:16 AM

Been using this a lot and it's been excellent. There are some holes that It doesn't always get right, but they are the ones like Chambers 9 and Oly 3. But those ones with big downhill the wind seems to behave differently, like it affects the ball less and gravity more. Regardless it is really helpful. I'm not great at picking the right percent on the shotpal though (I.e if it says 97.3% on the meter, I;m usually +/- 1.5%) 

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2016 10:27 AM

I did the same thing a long time before this was posted but just kept it for personal use. I guess I just feel that people should learn to play the game themselves and put in the practice or join a CC and get help from other members.

Working out the shots in your head is part of the fun and although this isn't breaking the rules, it kind of has the feel of a cheat sheet.

For those who are more competitive and want to win at any cost (rather than just enjoying it, learning to play well and calculating the simple mental arithmetic in their heads) will probably find this invaluable and I suppose credit should go to those who have put in the effort to put this together but it's definitely not for me.

• docflash9
    47 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2016 1:03 PM

Playing St Andrews 1st par 5.2nd shot was 195 yds,hit a 190yd 3 wood with 18/20 headwind. Shot went over 330 yds to the back of that long green.Had over a 300 ft putt.I'm at a loss on that one.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2016 1:45 PM

PRStevenson:

I did the same thing a long time before this was posted but just kept it for personal use. I guess I just feel that people should learn to play the game themselves and put in the practice or join a CC and get help from other members.

Working out the shots in your head is part of the fun and although this isn't breaking the rules, it kind of has the feel of a cheat sheet.

For those who are more competitive and want to win at any cost (rather than just enjoying it, learning to play well and calculating the simple mental arithmetic in their heads) will probably find this invaluable and I suppose credit should go to those who have put in the effort to put this together but it's definitely not for me.

LMAO

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2016 2:29 PM

fatdan:

PRStevenson:

LMAO

That's how I read it too Dan, LMAO!

What a divot.

RSS