Forums

Help › Forums

The New GS Wind/Putting Calculator

Sat, Oct 1 2016 12:26 AM (127 replies)
  • garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2016 9:37 AM

Thank you Curtis.

Scott has tweak the wind distance, I have tested it and it does very well.  I loaded the file up so the link on here and at my website will give you the new file.

When I started this I was thinking of Pros to Legends.  If your a Champion or Tour Legend you have already got your own calculations likely.   Gary

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2016 1:54 PM

garypinhunter:

Thank you Curtis.

Scott has tweak the wind distance, I have tested it and it does very well.  I loaded the file up so the link on here and at my website will give you the new file.

When I started this I was thinking of Pros to Legends.  If your a Champion or Tour Legend you have already got your own calculations likely.   Gary

Is there a .xls file with the wind tweaks?

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2016 1:12 AM

You can download it from here in .xls format until Gary makes it available on the Pinhunters website Mr FW.

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2016 4:11 AM

Spreadsheets, calculators, slide rules, percentages, etc etc etc.

I only have one thing to say.

HIT THE FRIGGIN BALL!

• virtualreality
    122 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2016 4:28 AM

The spreadsheet program a great effort scott,surely going to help out many wgt players in days to come.The interface is simple and very easy to understand.I have noticed that wind bug too but i see you have sorted that out in the latest version.

I am sure with your IT talent and attention to detail,this spreadsheet is going to be as useful as Bilko's or Kat's calculators.

Keep up the good work,i have always admired how you try your best to help out the WGT community.

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2016 4:37 AM

Cheers VR, but Gary created it, I just hit it with a hammer in a few places.  : )

@SlicedPepper, you play the game your way and we'll play it ours. Some enjoy doing the maths, others prefer winging it freestyle. Enjoyment & tolerance.

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2016 5:37 AM

SlicedPepper:

Spreadsheets, calculators, slide rules, percentages, etc etc etc.

I only have one thing to say.

HIT THE FRIGGIN BALL!

I do that to HIT THE FRIGGING BALL. After I do the math which takes me about 5 seconds.  Lol.  My game is just not that good to hit and putt freestyle, wish it was.

Gary

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2016 7:13 AM

ScottHope:

Cheers VR, but Gary created it, I just hit it with a hammer in a few places.  : )

Scott you used a pretty stick :) not a hammer.

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2016 7:39 AM

My special Excel hammer...

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2016 5:48 PM

ScottHope:

You can download it from here in .xls format until Gary makes it available on the Pinhunters website Mr FW.

Fantastic thank you. 

You wouldn't happen to know how much backspin amount changes loss of yards on approach shots, or be able to direct me to a thread discuss such by any chance? 

I've noticed that If I do FBS I get a significant amount of lost yardage, but if I do slightly less than FBS I got much less lost yardage, but still losing some. I imagine this doesn't scale linearly, is there a way to pinpoint this? I have found this regardless of wind conditions. 

Also, since you seem to be so apt at excel, is it possible to relate columns of data to each other like you can in access or is that strictly an access ability?

RSS