Forums

Help › Forums

The New GS Wind/Putting Calculator

Sat, Oct 1 2016 12:26 AM (127 replies)
  • garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 5:33 AM

Hello, this is Gary. For some time I have taken some of the best calculations for wind and putting I have found here on the WGT forums and was working on a simple excell program.

Scotthope and I have put together a program that I think will be an asset to many players of this great golf game. Here are some screen shots.

I think you will find this to be a simple yet very accurate program.  It is an excell file with no macros. So anybody can use it.  I want to thank Scott for his work with this.

GS is Gary Scott. lol

Here are several links to get it.

LINK

All we ask is that you enjoy it and spread the word about the GS Wind/Putting Program.

I started Pinhunters Website with the goal of collecting all the tips for this game into one location as a way to help new and older players for there enjoyment of golf on WGT.

Gary

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:18 AM

garypinhunter:
    All we ask is that you enjoy it and spread the word about the GS Wind/Putting Program.

Major red flag. This is one step away from what that security sweep exposed.

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:22 AM

YankeeJim:

garypinhunter:

Okay

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:30 AM

YankeeJim:

garypinhunter:

I don't see how Jim. It is just a calculator much like Bilko's or Kat's. Speaking about these how does yours differ from Kat's? Because what I like about Kat's is that it is adjustable so you can tweak it with ball and spin. I know In this I sound more like a gamer than a golfer but I am and always will be a golfer first.

The one thing I see wrong is the size they are claiming the aim box is. Remember this game is not exactly linear on sizes of some objects on some holes due to the limitations of the photos. And if you use zoom to get a better view of the landing area the aim box will be much bigger.Best to use the pitch or chip view knowing that each box is 2 ft. By 2 ft.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 9:07 AM

borntobesting:
    I don't see how Jim. It is just a calculator much like Bilko's or Kat's.

With the capability to interact  within the game, if you have the smarts.

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 10:48 AM

YankeeJim:

With the capability to interact  within the game, if you have the smarts.

Thanks for the thought Jim, but I am not that smart. What I punch in on a calculator we just put in an excell file to make it  easier.   

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:33 AM

I get it, Gary, I have no clue or desire to know, either. Maybe call it something other than a program.  That's what made me think of the other mess. :-)

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:37 AM

YankeeJim:

I get it, Gary, I have no clue or desire to know, either. Maybe call it something other than a program.  That's what made me think of the other mess. :-)

Good thought, I understand.  What about GS Wind/Putting Calculator. 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 12:40 PM

YankeeJim:

Noway Jim, this is just an excel sheet, and can noway be detected by WGT. Plus it is perfectly legal

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 1:49 PM

Woodoworkery:
    Noway Jim, this is just an excel sheet, and can noway be detected by WGT. Plus it is perfectly legal

I wasn't talking about this piece of work, I was suggesting what could happen as what did during the security sweep.

Good idea, other Gary. That works.  :-)

RSS