Forums

Help › Forums

Post Game Ball Gifting

Thu, Feb 25 2021 7:01 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 3:21 PM

I don't know if this is right place to post this but I'm not happy about this. Some of you may laugh and say it's my fault, and it kinda is , but  I frankly wish I could opt out in the options  on " Do You Want to Gift Ball to your playing partners?"  

If I buy balls, it asks me twice to be sure that I really want to buy theses balls.  Not so with the end of game dumb  gift balls.  Let em buy their own balls, don't even ask. 

However  2 different times I accidently clicked or maybe just mistakenly ran my mouse over it and "Boom", ( there is no " are you sure you want to give away your hard earned money",I gifted some body that I didnt evn care for  new balls.   What a freakin idiot I feel like, but this in my opinion is a trap that we should not even have to X out of this.  

Twice I have done this, not once  has any one thanked me for the balls, and unless they look thru their "Account"  they wont know who gave them the balls and they may not even notice that they have more balls than they did before..

WGT,  if you don't want to take this off for every body, please take it off for me. If I want to gift away credits, I';ll go to the pro shop and do it.    WGT, you should ashamed to ask us to gift balls so you make more money, why don't you gift us balls?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 3:51 PM

Like all "in-game" purchases, there is no confirmation button.

Yes it is exploiting players as most will not complain. However if it does occur, contact customer services and ask to be reimbursed as it was an error.

If WGT had a shred of ethical business practice, all purchases would have a confirmation request.

Instead of operating on there is "a sucker born every minute model", they need to add a safety net for those clicking without reading....and perhaps earn some respect from the player instead of discontent.

• JayRandy
    2 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 5:36 PM

just noticed it was me that got a sleeve of balls from you. Let me know what it cost you and I'll gift you something back.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 6:38 PM

JayRandy:

just noticed it was me that got a sleeve of balls from you. Let me know what it cost you and I'll gift you something back.

Class act Jay!

• Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 7:53 PM

Hey Jay, who would have thought, this is a little embarassing now. 

It was a fun game,  don't worry about it. It just irritates me that it is so easy and quick to make an instant mistake and WGT make $2,50 off  my mistake without even asking if I'm sure I want to do this.. Glad u werent using RZNs though.  This is the 2nd time I did this.

Hope you aren't taking this personal,   it sure was'nt your fault.  I'm really glad it was you, and not some others we have played but it could have been any body.

It was a fun game and I want a rematch and I;d like a rematch some time (;

I'm gonna send u a friend request

Max

• Shyoneclub
    62 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 8:05 PM

,I gifted some body that I didnt evn care for  new balls.   What a freakin idiot I feel like

no comment

• Garygunu
    4 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2021 6:44 AM

I Agree 100% I just accidently gifted some schmuk I played one hole with $300 balls. I treid to cancel ,even shut down my machine . THEY NEED TO GET RID OF THIS *** STUPID RIPOFF or have a cancel button included.

• golferguy2018
    362 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2021 9:41 AM

i have not gift balls yet like you did but,They should do the same with the purchase a c.c.pass. Don't have the option. to purchase one. If i am stupid enough to buy a c.c. pass i will go to the pro shop.to do so.

• PAGES
RSS