Forums

Help › Forums

Full Game Download

Mon, Jan 27 2020 2:42 PM (21 replies)
  • wkgolfer
    7 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2011 12:48 PM

Greetings WGT

I would like to Suggest for a  full game download to get rid of the loading that one has to go through on each map. This would be best for users with slow internet connection .

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2011 2:45 PM

Hi,

the game is designed to be accessed from anywhere online, so there will likely not be any down loadable content offered

-wgticon

• wkgolfer
    7 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2011 9:22 AM

What i am saying is users can download the full client version and the web browser version can stay as well ,In the downloaded version users will be needing an internet connection to play on multiplier it will just be like many MMO games(world of war craft ,Americas army etc).

Does WGT want to keep it as a web browser game only ,is it for safety and privacy reasons or are there some other issues ?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2011 11:05 AM

wkgolfer:

What i am saying is users can download the full client version and the web browser version can stay as well ,In the downloaded version users will be needing an internet connection to play on multiplier it will just be like many MMO games(world of war craft ,Americas army etc).

Does WGT want to keep it as a web browser game only ,is it for safety and privacy reasons or are there some other issues ?

HI,

Our main reason is to keep it as is, so anyone can play anywhere Nothing else :)

-wgticon

• christomento
    31 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2011 11:55 AM

The one million or so HD photographs - that'd be fun to d/l

• HDBanger
    348 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2011 12:44 PM

christomento:

The one million or so HD photographs - that'd be fun to d/l

You already do download them, every time you clear your cache and play WGT again, you re-download every thing all over again.  And if you have your browser set to clear cache on exit, you download everything all over again next time you play.  Keeping the game browser/streaming only is only good for the bottom line, has nothing to do with customer satisfaction or being able to "play" anywhere anytime. We have seen the problems this game has in it's current form, the lovely virus/malware issues derived from flash and advertisements, the meter which is our pc's fault.. Seriously, why is it the meter always seems to choke up during PEAK times. This is all WGT, nothing to do with our pc's whatsoever. They plaster advertisements all over the place, some shady obviously, and that just makes it more laggy. How bout an option to turn adds OFF for those who pay for the game?? 

• wkgolfer
    7 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2011 6:46 AM

WGTicon:

HI,

Our main reason is to keep it as is, so anyone can play anywhere Nothing else :)

-wgticon

It will still be access able from "anywhere online" have u never seen MMO (mega multiplayer online ) before and how they work ? I am talking bout the ones that u have to download full client of and requires online connection to play .

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2011 10:24 AM

wkgolfer:

WGTicon:

HI,

-wgticon

It will still be access able from "anywhere online" have u never seen MMO (mega multiplayer online ) before and how they work ? I am talking bout the ones that u have to download full client of and requires online connection to play .

Sure, I have more gaming experience than I care to remember :)

Simple fact is that this is what this game is designed to do: to  be accessible from anywhere and I do not think that will change

-wgticon

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2011 12:07 PM

Folks, it's called cloud computing. Check it out. That's their business model.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2011 2:12 PM

In my humble view most of the issues with the meter would be addressed if the game was designed to use the graphics card processor to render the meter progress, instead of using the main system processor for that - after all graphics cards have very capable processors nowadays.

However I am not a pc expert and don't know if there are limitations that would preclude such implementation.

RSS