Forums

Help › Forums

The Georgian CC vs The Peoples Club

Sun, Aug 28 2016 10:32 AM (53 replies)
  • TeeTymeTim
    97 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2016 5:40 AM

Well, 2043Dennis and I played our match last night........I am happy to report another win for TPC.........I birded the first 4 holes in a row and it was off to the races ....my putter was on fire last night...Denny is a super nice guy and our match was a pleasure...we had a lot of fun.....he made a 10 foot putt from on the fringe for birdie and I topped it with a 45 foot putt from another zip code to tie him...LOL...it was a fun match.....he played great from tee to green but putter was a little cold for him last night.......Again thanks for all the hard work you two gentlemen put in to setting this inter club match up to make it such a success.

TeeTymeTim Wins 4up with 3 to go over 2043Dennis

• JasonNumber100
    2,906 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2016 11:07 AM

I've just played my match against, JacksonKent. It was a close match, closer than the score suggests. I won 3up.

For once my putter worked and I holed a few long ones, including one on the first. However, Jackson didn't give up, he came back at me. Even at dormie he holed a long one to make me putt to win. He's a tough cookie.

Obviously I enjoyed the game but I would have done anyway. Thanks for the game and maybe you can get your revenge on me as I hope we play again.

Jason.

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2016 11:14 AM

GL in these matches guys and gals.  It makes me proud seeing Tim and also Jason representing TPC with class, and makes me even more proud seeing both of you fine players come out with a win.

GL to the rest of the participants, going forward.

Shoot low and keep the faith--- Peace --- Ed

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2016 11:20 AM

Sue and I finished our match a little while ago.

A very enjoyable match with lots of chat about everything but the game at hand.

In the end Sue won 2 & 1 but that was just the score not the amount of fun had by both.

Indeed a pleasure, thanks Sue and so nice to meet you.

Ed

• junglefox
    4,655 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2016 2:55 PM

Well played Rob you managed to curtail my comeback great play ,great company with a fellow Yorky. Thanks Again ...Pete & thanks to the organisers great event .

• shellpot
    412 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2016 11:46 PM

Hi played my game lost on extra holes even though i was on starter balls from the 11 hole. He was a great opponent

• Frankp1157
    635 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 1:47 PM

Hello..... Played Danny today a true gentleman and sportsman and a joy to play with that being said he took me out , I fell 6 down to him, Well played Danny and hope to play again sometime

Frank

• blythknight
    300 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:59 PM

Just finished my game with lkenmare and I won 2 and 1. Thanks for the game Les and well played.

Mark

• Doc58
    6,369 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 8:00 PM

I got my match in with Kevin (iamvapour). He jumped on me early with great play and a birdie barrage an I thought I was done for. I slowly battled back to all square, somewhere around 10 or 11 and after that it was an great back and forth battle to the end. Kevin played very well, and it was all I could do to keep up with him. It was one of the most enjoyable and competitive matches I have ever played. With lots of great conversation.Kevin is a great person and I'm so glad I could make a new friend. After all, for me that's what it's all about. Thanks to all from both clubs who have taken the time to play and set this tournament up. Great fun.

Doc wins 1 up after 2 extra holes. Thanks for the great game and the even better conversation Kevin. Hope to see you again buddy.

Doc

• grandpakeith
    245 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 3:48 AM

hello all, after some doing, got a match in with Neale (adamnot),  i set up the game, we got to hole 7 and he had connection issues, at that point i was 3 up.   after he got back on, got the invite to get going again, got to 7 and played on, at the turn i was up by 5,  gave one back on 11, then won the match with a par on 14,  5up.

Neale's golden putter didn't even have a silver lining as he was just missing putts, nice gentleman to play with, look forward to another round.

Grandpa

RSS