Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links vs Eagle Club Golf Association

Fri, Aug 19 2016 6:39 AM (28 replies)
  • BCGreer
    15 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 3:24 PM

I will start by saying that I caught my opponent Jimgam on his first match of the day. I had played a round of two (on mobile though) before that. With that said here is the report:

1. Both bit good drives and good approaches. Made my birdie as Jim barely missed his.
       BCGreer goes 1 up.

2. Both flirted with water on par 5 but made it up. Jim hit a great chip to within a foot  and I missed my 13 foot eagle putt.
       BCGreer stays 1 up.

3. Hit my approach to within 2 feet. Jim missed birdie putt and conceeded my birdie.
       BCGreer goes 2 up.

4. The only whole where it seemed one of us struggled. Jim had a couple unlucky putts and conceeded the par to me.
       BCGreer goes 3 up.

5. Both of us played ok and parred the hole.
       BCGreer stays 3 up.

6. Made a 10 foot birdie putt and Jim barely missed his.
       BCGreer goes 4 up.

7. Ended up over green and in rough on 2nd shot into par 5. Jim did same but unluckily stayed on the green for a crazy long difficult putt. I pitched it to about 5 feet. Jim then tried the daunting putt and left himself about 15 feet for birdie and barely missed. I rolled in the birdie.
       BCGreer goes 5 up.

8. We both parred.
       BCGreer stays 5 up.

9. Jim started to get more comfortable and started throwing darts. Problem for Jim was I continued to throw them. We both made short birdie putts.
       BCGreer stays 5 up at the turn.

10. Ended up on front left of green at par 5. Hit one of the best putts ive ever hit. A 78-foot multi-breaker, multi-elevation changing putt to within a foot. Jim had a difficult putt as well and couldnt get it as close as I did but made a nice birdie putt coming back.
        BCGreer stays 5 up.

11. Hit my approach to within a yard. Jim hit his to about 3. Jim barely missed birdie and I made mine.
        BCGreer goes 6 up.

12. My tee shot was again within a yard. Jim was further out but made a nice 16 foot birdie to continue the match.
        BCGreer stays 6 up.

13. I stayed hot with iron and put approach shot to 5 feet. Jim needed something and got it putting his approach within 3 feet. Unfortunately for Jim I had a pretty easy putt and birdied to end the match.

BCGreer get the win for SEL 6 & 5.

• binkybaxter1
    1,556 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2016 5:21 PM

binkybaxter1 (SEL) v lkchestnut (ECGA)

BB wins 5&3

Tim caught me on sparkling form (missed dings were even going close).a little burst at start of back 9, put me well ahead + i clung on until the end,

GG Tim  much enjoyed  ty

binky :)

• Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2016 8:56 PM

just finished game with Jimbo (BlondinJDB) I think we were evenly match in ability and skill we both started off a little rough (long bird putts) but as game progressed i was able to get just a bit closer on approaches I was 3up at the turn, back 9 i hit a bad spot and Jimbo started a comeback I was 2up at 13 then the bad spot switched sides an early dinger on 15 a late dinger on 16

was a great game great company was a pleasure to play him. Like always a few mistakes less by him or a few more by me and the out come is different lady luck was with me today

Shedlite(SEL) wins 4up on 16 against BlondinJDB(ECGA)

• Deedan13
    51 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2016 1:23 PM

Tim and I have just finished a tight game, trading birdies on the front nine, with neither of us leading more than 1up. I made the turn 1down, but put a ball OB on the 10th and went 2down. We halved the next few until an approach within 2 ft on the 16th won Tim the hole and the match. Well played mate, an excellent player and a better bloke,

Earthworm99 defeats Deedan13 3&2

• awmt18
    4 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2016 2:26 AM

Played my match with Dave yesterday Drcliveoak 

Cracking  match and great company, really played in good spirits despite wgt trying to ruin it for us on several occasions.

awmt loses 1down, great game Dave and I hope we have another game soon, top Gent! 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2016 1:07 PM

I lost to Kearsden 4 Down

Front 9 he was outstanding, 7 birds and a double eagle (2nd par 5 over the water) meant he had a 4 up lead.

10th i missed an easy putt for an eagle, 11th and easy putt for a birdy to win holes, so that was that.

We halved all the way to 16 and game over

Great scoring mate, well done.

Bubbs

• jacko1972
    927 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2016 1:13 PM

played my game against Matt (CaddyMatt) and lost 3&1, was pretty even over front 9 until matt turned the screws on back 9..

Thanks for being accommodating with the time difference Matt and well played bud.. Have a good weekend

John

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2016 2:03 PM

great game with wayne(wwiliams46)

i won 1up, he dont know defeat and took me down the 18th,i slid a 10footer in for the win,

highlight was a hole in one on the 8th,

thx wayne really enjoyed it

paul

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2016 7:55 PM

Just finished my match with Briangaster.

I really enjoyable game with a top shelf fella. I found myself 3 down after 12 holes but somehow managed to claw back to finish all square.

Brian nailed a 20 footer for an eagle on the 2nd playoff hole to win a great fun game.

RSS