Forums

Help › Forums

Draws and Fades

Sun, Nov 18 2018 8:20 PM (30 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 10:02 AM

I'm sure when WGT launched the game, they had draw & fade in their plan but dropped it for some reason. The evidence can be found in the stats of equipment, "shot shaping". After almost a decade of leaving it "0.5" for all clubs, it is probable that the original plan for draw & fade is now (or maybe long ago) permanently abolished.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 10:41 AM

• gherkinhead1
    245 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 3:10 PM

hognutz03:

I don't know if it is a complicated process to add them to the game. But every pro  player does  uses them its part of the game. A major part of the game. It can't be call realistic golf game without them. We have balls that meow and someone telling me I'm in the garden. WGT is a great game But to take to level it deserves the DRAW AND FADE are needed.    

Just want to know what the real golfers that play the game  have any input.                    

Thanks WGT for a great game. Now I'm going back to meowing in the garden.

You can,  if there is at least a slight wind, use maximum backspin and add a little more distance. 

Works for me.

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 3:46 PM

TonyCherone:
    There a few tee shots in this game that are completely ridiculous since we can't hit a proper fade or draw.

No doubt, there are some tee shots that would be easier with a proper fade or draw. Indeed, even with an improper fade or draw they might be easier!

But there is no tee shot that is "completely ridiculous." I don't think this phrase means what you think it means. 

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 4:06 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

I'm sure when WGT launched the game, they had draw & fade in their plan but dropped it for some reason. The evidence can be found in the stats of equipment, "shot shaping". After almost a decade of leaving it "0.5" for all clubs, it is probable that the original plan for draw & fade is now (or maybe long ago) permanently abolished.

+1

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 4:19 PM

And fade/draw option are not ONLY for Drive shots, there should be also possible from the fairway (rough, sand), and taking in count also this game are played ENTIRE at EVEN LIES, we are here asking & discussing for sim/physics, but this is an ARCADE game,...the fact the courses looks realistic doesnt mean the game go play ''realisitc'', whould be great have an sim/physics (as other old golf games) & the actual look, but for some reason they remains the game at ARCADE,...is what it is

In a game who would intent be a sim, you should be able to do this EACH shot

Shot-setup

i mean, learn the game of Golf, improve skills, NOT JUST PAY for...

• terryntx
    56 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 1:59 PM

a draw or a fade.really. first of all if a tour player could hit a straight ball  99 percent of the time thats what they would hit doesnt work like that you should appreciate the fact that you can hit it straight every time on this game, chances are most people dont know the difference from a cut a draw a slice  a hook a knockdown a flop and so on...............

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 3:34 PM

terryntx:

a draw or a fade.really. first of all if a tour player could hit a straight ball  99 percent of the time thats what they would hit doesnt work like that you should appreciate the fact that you can hit it straight every time on this game, chances are most people dont know the difference from a cut a draw a slice  a hook a knockdown a flop and so on...............

That's the main reason why i use starter balls, i don't want be able to hit a ''perfect swing'' EVERY shot

I don't ask for a deep physics, but at least can have the ''feel'' im playing Golf, not just an arcade power & hit game, the courses are the best looking can you find in a golf game, but then..the gameplay becomes ridiculous & 90% depending of how much money you spend in the shop, & no mention about play ALWAYS at EVEN lies, a joke

btw, try a FLOP shot using starter balls (seems you hit a chip), & then try a FLOP shot using payout balls, the balls just drop & simply stuck in place, as if it were magnetized, both ARCADE style

if someone dont know about ''a cut a draw a slice  a hook a knockdown a flop and so on....'' they can learn

• terryntx
    56 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 5:27 PM

well i use the cheap balls have no problem with a flop sticking nxt to the hole  just saying.......

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 9:21 PM

re " if a tour player could hit a straight ball  99 percent of the time thats what they would hit "

I don't think that number would be that high, nor is it actual as pro golfers are constantly applying the draw and fade for the reward that a curved ball flight gives.

Like an approach on a diagonal green with sand traps left and front and back, the landing and roll toward a pin on an angle would be logical instead of risking a hazard. *

Which is just what is explained in the 2nd TO LAST paragraph here:

https://golf-info-guide.com/golf-tips/playing-conditions/why-you-shouldnt-try-to-hit-the-ball-straight/

Because of the tight landing area, and when playing from Champ tees your iron approach doesn't have the ease of a PW high lofted shot.

In other golf sims, all of which have the draw and fade AND the option of other special skills like the guaranteed straight shot option, still , I will commonly hit the draw or fade by choice.

Not to mention the longer distance that a draw can provide (unlike the loss of distance by and off ding on WGT) since golf courses are peppered w/ hazards and doglegs a draw and fade are fundamental methods used in golf

But I get your point.

More with Ben Hogan

https://golf-info-guide.com/golf-tips/playing-conditions/fade-or-draw-depends-on-the-hole/

RSS