Forums

Help › Forums

Draws and Fades

Sun, Nov 18 2018 8:20 PM (30 replies)
  • hognutz03
    13 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 10:34 AM

I don't know if it is a complicated process to add them to the game. But every pro  player does  uses them its part of the game. A major part of the game. It can't be call realistic golf game without them. We have balls that meow and someone telling me I'm in the garden. WGT is a great game But to take to level it deserves the DRAW AND FADE are needed.    

Just want to know what the real golfers that play the game  have any input.                    

Thanks WGT for a great game. Now I'm going back to meowing in the garden.

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 3:54 PM

Has been suggested a few times. The only way this can be done at this stage hit late/fade early/draw. Yes would be good to see sometime in the future.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 4:21 PM

According to WGTAdmin they attempted to add that years ago but  the game was so unstable they trashed it, and have no plan to implement it anytime in the future....

You wouldn't happen to have any ripe tomatoes i can borrow until I get to the store would you?

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 6:41 PM

Draws and fades are possible now- however you will be penalized on distance; just hit WAY early for a draw and WAY late for a fade. Players have used this to draw the ball around the bend on hole 2 at Bethpage. Also- aim quite a bit the opposite direction you wish to go and use full backspin. 

• jeffmatulich
    482 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2016 10:06 AM

It would be nice to have all nine flight trajectories available.  what I can't understand is how they got all the UEL stuff to work but couldn't make left, right spin work.  couldn't have been that hard - i mean like every other golf game has it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2016 12:27 PM

jeffmatulich:
    they got all the UEL stuff to work

They did? 

FWIW, aiming in the next fairway to go straight is hardly a fix, IMO.

• IrmaLamy
    2,981 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 8:29 AM

Ask yourself a question:

Do the Pro's have the option fixed in their bag?

They have to work to make THE shot (Fade, Draw, Hook, Slice)

So same here

Hit early or late and you got it but you'll loose yardage as the ball travels a wee bit differently as if hit on the so called "ding".

Take in mind the wind too as this will affect your shot too.

And last but not least  -->  Good practice

• jeffmatulich
    482 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 9:26 AM

YankeeJim:
    They did? 

LOL - 

Irma - "Do the Pro's have the option fixed in their bag?" ..Uh...yeah the pros and any relatively accomplished golfer knows how to hit the ball in a way to produce a specific flight trajectory.  As you learn the game, taught by a teaching pro, you are grilled on mastering the nine flight trajectories.  (not gonna write them out for you) Granted some can't master them all..They are produced by swing plane adjustments (including stance, club face, angle of  attack etc. ) and where you strike the ball to produce a very specific spin profile and trajectory.   Know this....every touring pro can accomplish any variation of those shots -  

Hitting early or late to produce a weak fade or draw is just not that realistic.  If you could more precisely add left or right spin (dictating how much draw/fade) alongside forward or backward spin that is applied when you hit the ding then you could more realistically approach a shot in WGT that mimics how you would execute a shot irl.....

I sense you might not have those skills irl and therefore don't really get this.  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 10:30 AM

jeffmatulich:
    I sense you might not have those skills irl and therefore don't really get this.

Well you sensed wrong. Play Links golf if you think you know the physics of the game, then you're saying something. The ability to adjust swing plane, stance and ball position is paramount in playing that game as every game is an UEL game. It was as real as it gets because if you didn't know how to golf you couldn't game your way through it. Not so here.

The UEL game here is primitive and extremely unrealistic. A golfer doesn't master them, gamers do.

• jeffmatulich
    482 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 11:47 AM

YJ - That comment was directed at Irma - based on the pedestrian reply.  

While I'm not in UK, I have a very strong links track here in Half Moon Bay....Its a biatch...and have played many links tracks in and around the world - And not to tout but I am a 8.7 index - Not great but accomplished enough.. Im in total agreement with you....not sure what this was all about.  When I said they got UEL lies right I was simply referring to the fact that it was implemented in the game and was functional - and if they had gotten that far - why could they not add simple left/right spin to produce fade/draw shots.  Simple as that mate.

thinking on it now....perhaps if they added l/r spin IN ADDITION to the UEL functionality (which I sense is what they wanted to promoted early on) it made the algorithmic models too complex....that is a very real possibility.... Anyhoooo.  Whatever...

RSS