Forums

Help › Forums

variable speed on the putting grid balls

Tue, Aug 2 2016 10:48 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • sky0diver
    119 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2016 10:00 PM

I generally lay on the mobile platform but d play as well on my laptop as there are way more game options available. However, I can't figure out putting on my laptop as the balls on the putting grid keep changing seed, unlike n the mobile version where the speed remains constant .

Can anyone help me figuring this out?

thanks

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 2:26 PM

Nope, except to note that putting is easier on the mobile platform --- on a tiny phone screen!

• sky0diver
    119 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 4:28 PM

well, I guess I just have to get used to the variable speed of the putting grid balls on the PC platform then ... And yes, putting is way easier on the mobile platform,- maybe not on a tiny phone, but surely on an ipad :-)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 7:24 PM

If the dots on the grid are jerky it's usually a flash problem. All I can suggest is the usual -

Clear flash caché, browser caché and run CCleaner also close your browser completely and re-open it after every 9 holes played.

If that doesn't work try a different browser, Maxthon, Slimjet and Comodo dragon all work well for WGT.

Good luck.

• sky0diver
    119 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2016 12:12 AM

thanks a lot  Paul, much appreciated!

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2016 9:02 AM

sky0diver:

I generally lay on the mobile platform but d play as well on my laptop as there are way more game options available. However, I can't figure out putting on my laptop as the balls on the putting grid keep changing seed, unlike n the mobile version where the speed remains constant .

Can anyone help me figuring this out?

Your computers power settings drastically effect the speed of dot movement.  Here's a quick video demonstrating.  Notice the huge difference in dot speed from max power to lowest power. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTA4o57R868

Quite a few people probably don't realize that they have a "balanced power setting", which in reality is worst then lowest or highest power setting.  You don't want any variance so you need to "PIN" your power settings during the game.

• sky0diver
    119 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2016 5:12 PM

Thanks a lot for the additional help.

I just checked and my power setting is on "high" so that should not be the cause of it I assume. thanks for the help though

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2016 7:43 PM

How do we get to the cpu meter on our laptops?

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2016 8:28 PM

lonnieskinner:
    If you don't have a dedicated graphics card from AMD or Nvidia then it's doubtful you'll have that option available on a laptop.  If this is the case then go to this link and download project Lasso (bitsum).  You can configure a power plan through their software:

https://bitsum.com/

Cheers.  Sean.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2016 9:17 PM

lonnieskinner:

Contol-Alt-Delete Task Manager. Unless you have a standalone CPU/Memory Nanny.

• PAGES
RSS