• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 10:50 AM

JimbeauC:

verdexon:

Ditch W 10 & go back to W 7............prob. solved

Amen.

I had W10 for one day. 

As an update on older machines Windows 10 works poorly at best. But on new machines built for Windows 10 it works great. 

• tjos
    231 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 10:51 AM

Thanks for the info guys.   I wanted to stay with Windows 7 but have to admit some of my other programs run better with 10.    I will try out some of your suggestions.   Thanks very much for your input.     

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 11:10 AM

r00tmonkeys:

I was having the same issues with Firefox.. stuttering etc.

I hate Edge but took your comment and now using Edge and the games is as smooth as I could want :)

so thanks :)

I hate Edge too, i'm using it only to play WGT games. For others things use Firefox.

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 12:00 PM

bigbob108:

Me too, for almost two years I have been using Maxthon Cloud and loved it, best I ever tried and I have tried them all.  I am one of the ole school with windows7 and refuse to change to 10 under an circumstanses.  I went back to Firefox but I see many of the same problems so i'm open to suggestions.

If you still have Max Cloud installed then try changing from Ultra to Retro mode . Go into either your menu adn change the settings or click on the lightning bolt at the top of the page . Max Cloud has 2 versions in one and it also has 2 different flash versions as well . You will have to reset your game settings with each version but only once for eah one . Hope this helps .

• enderson
    40 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2017 12:29 PM

I recently got a new comp with windows 10, 32g RAM and i7 processor. Internet is fiber. Tried every browser I could think of to resolve meter issues. Initially the most stable ended up being Comodo Dragon. Maxathon in retro or other settings was manageable but not great.

Then I tried Vivaldi from the creators of Opera. Ridiculous meter like butter and consistently stable. Better than anything I had prior to windows 10. Hope this helps someone, only one I found and I've tried just about everything:

https://vivaldi.com

• pedr012
    3 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 9:33 AM

Have tried this "game" after few months. As usual, unplayable. Got metered every time. Meter is lagy and the response is huge. Last time I tried to change to another browser but absolutely useless.  If I had 15 years old comp I would say nothing, but with new one and updated it's a joke. The problem is anywhere, requirements should be lower to be playable on every browser. Really don't know why should I be forced to play on specific browsers with specific conditions. If this won't be fixed, its absolutely useless to spend here money and time. 

• BroncoRod
    411 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 5:24 PM

I just tried Vivaldi and it is horrible. Its smooth, but it does NOT ding when you hit the button. It keeps sliding. Going back to browser hunting, FARK!!!!! Ever since the last update, nothing works,

• joemt825
    124 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 6:22 PM

Try turning flash quality on wgt menu to medium or low.  Seems to help a lot.

• enderson
    40 Posts
    Wed, Mar 8 2017 10:42 AM

Unfortunately I have the same conclusion. Despite the smooth meter at times there will be a late response after clicking, obviously unplayable long term.

Next best I've found has been Yandex browser. Give that a try.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Mar 8 2017 11:03 PM

K7JBQ:

lonniescott711:

You can try Maxthon 4.9 Cloud Browser its what I use and it works fine .  I dont know if Max3 has it but see if you can change The browser core settings from Ultra to Retro if so then try that . Look for the settings in your browser menu as that could be an easy fix too . You can also google "Top browsers for Windows 10" and it will produce a list for you to try .

Due to the type of computer as well as your processors and so forth will make the choices hit or miss . There is no true perfect browser for anyone its all hit and miss whatever works for you . Oh also make sure that your power settings havent been changed by switching to Windows 10 as that can alter how the game plays as well .Hope this helps and good luck .

Completely agree about the power settings, make sure they're high performance.

I use the new Maxthon 5 Alpha with Win 10 and it's as clean as a Safeway chicken.

http://www.safeway.com/ShopStores/Product-Recalls.page

RSS