Forums

Help › Forums

Best Browser

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 19 2019 2:35 AM (25 replies)
  • tjos
    231 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2016 2:46 PM

HI fellas,  sorry about this post,  I know there have been many.  

However I just updated to Windows 10 and found that my Maxthon 3 which always gave me a silky smooth meter is now stuttering just a wee bit.   Also the ball flights and rolling on the green have a slight stutter  which I didn't experience with Windows 7.

Could you  please give me some feedback as to what you fellas are using so I can try some of them out.    

I can live with the little stuttering,( although I don't want to],  I also have a pretty good computer so I know that isn't the problem.   

When you are used to such a smooth meter it's a bit of a kick in the pants when it's not performing the best and Maxthon 3 for me was the best,   just maybe not now with Windows 10.   Thanks Guys                   Terry

• verdexon
    239 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2016 6:35 PM

Ditch W 10 & go back to W 7............prob. solved 

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2016 7:06 PM

You can try Maxthon 4.9 Cloud Browser its what I use and it works fine .  I dont know if Max3 has it but see if you can change The browser core settings from Ultra to Retro if so then try that . Look for the settings in your browser menu as that could be an easy fix too . You can also google "Top browsers for Windows 10" and it will produce a list for you to try .

Due to the type of computer as well as your processors and so forth will make the choices hit or miss . There is no true perfect browser for anyone its all hit and miss whatever works for you . Oh also make sure that your power settings havent been changed by switching to Windows 10 as that can alter how the game plays as well .Hope this helps and good luck .

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2016 7:13 PM

lonniescott711:

You can try Maxthon 4.9 Cloud Browser its what I use and it works fine .  I dont know if Max3 has it but see if you can change The browser core settings from Ultra to Retro if so then try that . Look for the settings in your browser menu as that could be an easy fix too . You can also google "Top browsers for Windows 10" and it will produce a list for you to try .

Due to the type of computer as well as your processors and so forth will make the choices hit or miss . There is no true perfect browser for anyone its all hit and miss whatever works for you . Oh also make sure that your power settings havent been changed by switching to Windows 10 as that can alter how the game plays as well .Hope this helps and good luck .

Completely agree about the power settings, make sure they're high performance.

I use the new Maxthon 5 Alpha with Win 10 and it's as clean as a Safeway chicken.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2016 9:19 PM

I just update W10 to ver. 6.3.14393.0 (insider program) and use Edge : the meter is very slow and smooth.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 1:38 AM

It may be that his laptop simply isn't powerful enough to run Windows 10. A couple of the problems he is describing sounds like a laptop that just can't handle Windows 10.

• bigbob108
    26 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 1:46 AM

Me too, for almost two years I have been using Maxthon Cloud and loved it, best I ever tried and I have tried them all.  I am one of the ole school with windows7 and refuse to change to 10 under an circumstanses.  I went back to Firefox but I see many of the same problems so i'm open to suggestions.

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 3:14 AM

I find my meter still ok on Maxthon with Win10, although i get the odd stutter or fly through, i have been using Slimjet recently though, seems pretty stable, give that a go

• r00tmonkeys
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 4:31 AM

I was having the same issues with Firefox.. stuttering etc.

I hate Edge but took your comment and now using Edge and the games is as smooth as I could want :)

so thanks :)

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 9:06 AM

verdexon:

Ditch W 10 & go back to W 7............prob. solved

Amen.

I had W10 for one day. 

RSS