Forums

Help › Forums

Firefox and Flash announcement

Tue, Jul 26 2016 5:25 AM (7 replies)
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2016 2:34 PM

Mozilla will block Flash in Firefox starting next month

Mozilla is helping to hammer another nail in the coffin of Flash, and has finally joined other major browser vendors by deciding that starting August this year, Firefox will begin to block invisible Flash content, and that starting 2017, all Flash content will be blocked by default.

Flash will soon be dead, and most browsers will not support flash.  Is WGT looking at alternatives to flash, and when will that be.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2016 2:48 PM

Infinito3010:
    Firefox will begin to block invisible Flash content, and that starting 2017, all Flash content will be blocked by default.

WGT isn't invisible and default is just that-default, inferring there's an option.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2016 5:34 PM

YankeeJim:
    WGT isn't invisible and default is just that-default, inferring there's an option.

Sir, all I am pointing out that more and more browsers are opting out of flash content.  Due to the obvious inherent security risks.

And in my opinion, WGT should be actively pursuing alternative means to ensure the security of its members.   Makes sense, don't you think.....

• golfernutski
    10 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2016 6:14 PM

SO WHAT DO WE DO ???

Infinito3010:

YankeeJim:

Sir, all I am pointing out that more and more browsers are opting out of flash content.  Due to the obvious inherent security risks.

And in my opinion, WGT should be actively pursuing alternative means to ensure the security of its members.   Makes sense, don't you think.....

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2016 6:44 PM

golfernutski:
    SO WHAT DO WE DO ???

Very good question, and that is where WGT should be stepping in.

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2016 1:02 AM

golfernutski:
    SO WHAT DO WE DO ???

Put your tin foil hats on and RELAX

• jamesfox1973
    104 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2016 2:53 AM

flash has been buggy for ages.....constant crashes and resets....why people have'nt switched to an alternative yrs ago is a mystery....on a previous game people muted html5 or something cant actually remember .....

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2016 5:25 AM

newcastleb:
    Put your tin foil hats on and RELAX

^^. 

RSS