Mon, May 28 2018 3:01 AM (49 replies)
  • rdodge
    95 Posts
    Sat, Oct 14 2017 11:27 PM
    play a solo 18 w/pass for cdp = same as 4 player on 9 holes
  • craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2017 3:25 AM
    Sorry I thought it read .Players Who Fart On The Last Hole . My mistake .
  • Allan6868
    3 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2017 2:38 PM

I do similar, post on their wall that my 8 year old has more class than them, and they shouldn't have toys-out-the-cot tantrum,

also given "good sportsmanship" is a WGT rule, I use the report abuse link

• Allan6868
    3 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2017 2:44 PM

Two suggestions,

1/ The player who stayed in get's all the XP that would have gone to the players

2/ The average 3 hole game takes 10 minutes.
    When someone forfeits in a 3 hole game, they cannot start the next for  ... 10 minutes

• BackdoorHippie
    51 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2017 2:37 AM

Nothing irks me more on a 3 hole match, except maybe for the guy who tells me over a 2 foot tap-in on the last hole that the only reason I won is because of my "rank number" (I don't know what that is) and then simply disconnect without forfeiting requiring me to wait for multiple timeouts before I get the credit, XP's, and apparel pack due me. With the 30 minute apparel pack rounds this can be the difference between getting a third round in under the wire.

I've started blocking these folks. At a time I thought the disconnect was mere ignorance on the other players part but this morning I had someone disconnect, reconnect just in time, and then let the shot clock run out twice over a 4 foot final putt on the last hole. There should be a thread where these folks can be publicly shamed.

• LouisPeter0
    713 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 6:41 PM

Concur! I really like the ideas of blocking and shaming!

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Dec 1 2017 9:46 PM

Oh please, life's too short. Let's just have them taken outside and shot, and move on to the next game.

• Farrell61
    5 Posts
    Mon, Dec 11 2017 10:54 AM

I think I'm on page 4 (or 5) of players I have blocked.  It's almost a daily occurrence when someone forfeits prior to their final putt (or worse, logs off leaving me to wait and see if it truly is a connection issue).  It would be nice if we could "get even" and have the game allow us to set a Maximum Number of Forfeits our opponents can have before we play them.

I'm OK if a person has to leave the game because something came up (lost track of time, important phone call, etc) but the amount of d-bags who forfeit because they are losing or have a bad shot really needs to be dealt with.

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Tue, Dec 12 2017 9:36 AM

I just played someone with 850 credit balls. As soon is we got to a hole over water with a headwind, they forfeited.

And, it seems finishing to get an apparel pack has lost its appeal.

• JayLeck
    243 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2018 8:37 AM

I agree with this so strongly it's hard to find the right words. Since we cannot take them out back and shoot them is there a way to quarantine them? Make them play with each other and quit wasting our time.

Jay

RSS