Forums

Help › Forums

Players Who Forfeit On The Last Hole

Mon, May 28 2018 3:01 AM (49 replies)
  • alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2016 11:38 AM

JasCooper:

Players who forfeit may think they are protecting their stats.

Actually they're just being rude and ruining the game.

+10000!

JasCooper:
    Don't use passes when playing [...] opponents.

FTFY. Last report of MP games stated that only one player may receive the CDP - the first one on the list, on the first tee shot of the game.

Play solo for the CDP - one shot is enough. As you said:

JasCooper:
    you'll never lose your CDP points

• NorCaLBones
    19 Posts
    Sat, Jul 29 2017 6:05 PM

Forfeiters - simply an example of crybaby snowflakes not receiving their participation trophies.

"How dare you subject me to a negative situation!"

Forfeiters should be called out & publically shamed.

• Judd222
    1 Posts
    Tue, Aug 1 2017 11:34 AM

Totally agree. Childish and petty. It drives me mad. People who forfit or even worse 'cut the connection' when they are loosing should pay triple xp to the winner. 

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Aug 1 2017 1:32 PM

Judd222:

Totally agree. Childish and petty. It drives me mad. People who forfit or even worse 'cut the connection' when they are loosing should pay triple xp to the winner. 

Keep dreaming, it's never going to happen.

• VBSrocks
    7 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2017 6:41 PM

maybe not but I've been quit on at least 150 times.  Many in 9 hole games.  That's enough XP to get me from current level 79 to at least 81 or 82.

I realize that there are extenuating circumstances that games are cancelled.  Power goes out or true emergency.

So each player gets to welch in match play 3 times per month.  After that the only penalty i see that would hit them in the shorts is a week ban per additional instance.

Harsh, maybe.  But let's face it, more than 99% of forfeits are not because of true emergencies or internet issues.

Mark

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Aug 28 2017 10:26 AM

Mark,

I agree with your points.  That is not the issue.  WGT not doing anything about it is what won't change.  Lately this is probably the most posted question / rant about the game.  Any proposal to punish people for quitting never addresses how you determine that someone quit on purpose.  

If someone plays a lot, it would be easy to have more than 3 disconnects in a month.  Internet problems do happen in many areas, especially more rural parts of the world.

I don't know if you play on pc or mobile.  If possible I would suggest playing only with friends, not strangers.  That is the only reasonable solution available at this time.

Good Luck and enjoy the game.

phred952

• FoundDaBunker
    579 Posts
    Fri, Oct 6 2017 6:08 PM
    AcesWired:

Just give the remaining player the option to finish the round alone. "Your opponent has forfeited, would you like to continue?"

Seems like this problem has been going on forever and it's a pet peeve for nearly all WGT players :(. AcesWired I like your solution to the problem, hey, if we all took the time and wrote to WGT that when a person forfeits a game, give the other player the option to finish the round on his own so that they are not penalized for someone quitting, it would certainly help our case to have this problem at least looked at more thoughtfully by WGT, what is it they say? 'the squeaky wheel gets the oil'. -FDB
  • alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Oct 7 2017 10:36 PM
    FoundDaBunker:
    when a person forfeits a game, give the other player the option to finish the round on his own
    Fact for strokeplay and probably for Blitz and Skin. But, how would you finish a match alone or an A/S with three players?
  • Alexiss8
    22 Posts
    Sat, Oct 14 2017 11:24 AM

Update a bit.

my frustration is now related to sponsors and when players quit and no sponsor award is given even when your in the lead.  The warning would be nice.  If you quit , you forfeit ALL the match winnings to opponent.

it certainly should not cost the non quitting player anything invested for that match.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Oct 14 2017 9:55 PM
    In a perfect world, absolutely. In the WGT world, not going to happen.
RSS