Forums

Help › Forums

Players Who Forfeit On The Last Hole

Mon, May 28 2018 3:01 AM (49 replies)
  • evarrich
    56 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2016 7:29 PM

Too good of an idea that would benefit the player not the owners wallet. 

• beach29
    11 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 10:56 AM

This has been fixed!

Thank you!

• Bill19542
    169 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2016 12:23 AM

This used to boil my pi$$, I lost so many XP points for myself and my CC due to forfeiters.

FFS I played another master the other day, he put his second shot on hole 1 into the rough and I dropped mine 1 yard from the hole. Result? instant forfeit - from a master!

Now my first game of the day is always a practise round using my CC pass. 10x xp for both and no chance of a forfeit.

Gets my eye in and steadies the itchy trigger finger for the serious play later as well.

• BBHo
    1 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2016 8:29 PM

This has not been fixed.

happened to me today i was up 3 and just about to putt, and forfeit cost me the match play XP...

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sun, Dec 18 2016 4:12 AM

What I do when I play other  people whether it be  match or stroke play i write their name down and if they forfeit I tend to send them i nice PFO message--doesn't help the loss of pass but makes me feel good.

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Sun, Dec 18 2016 11:37 AM

Not sure why you would use a pass playing with a stranger. 

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2016 12:48 AM

garypinhunter:

Not sure why you would use a pass playing with a stranger. 

99% of the time I have no problems--just that one time that it really bugs me.

• YoinksAway
    12 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2016 11:15 AM

I just came over from golfstar.  Really enjoying wgt so far.  I'm only level 47 (tour pro) at the moment, so I'm still learning the game.  

I thought it was very strange that experience points weren't awarded when the other player forfieted.  Played in the Casablanca room yesterday,  and the other player forfieted 5 of the 7 rnds.  Since I'm new, I thought this might be the norm... to get it over with and go onto the next round. Thanks for the thread, it helps clear things up.

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2016 11:10 AM

Players who forfeit may think they are protecting their stats.

Actually they're just being rude and ruining the game. Don't use passes when playing unknown opponents.

the most points are gained playing tournaments. 400 points for 18 holes. 190 points for 9 holes. And you'll never lose your CDP points because some ignorant a'hole forfeits.

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2016 11:24 AM

And play every day. 5 minutes of play each day will get you more than 1000 points. A lot more than skipping a day and only getting 30 points for skipping a few practice holes.

You probabably spend 5 minutes a day checking Facebook. Why not spend those same minutes accumulating enough XP points to help your club and collecting top virtual clubs that aren't available at level 25.

It took me a week to reach level 89 (that's 40,000 points to go from L88 to L89). It's also a nice ego boost to rack up four or five thousand points in a day..

I shoot for speed, not score. An 18 hole round making par ain't a bad accomplishment.

RSS