Forums

Help › Forums

Players Who Forfeit On The Last Hole

Mon, May 28 2018 3:01 AM (49 replies)
  • TracyJayWright
    11 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 3:12 PM

For those of us who want XP for ourselves and our CC, we are getting penalized by players who forfeit late in the match and wastes our CC pass and cuts our level of XP down as well. By not getting the (FINISHED) round or match XP you pretty much waste your CC pass. WGT needs to allow us to finish the round even if they forfeit or give the player who did not forfeit the finished match XP. When hard earned money is being spent on CC passes and poor sportsmanship is basically wasting that money, it is beyond frustrating. Granted some forfeits are reasonable. I'm mostly talking about doing it just before you sink the last putt of the 9 hole match! Also at the point mathematically they feel they can't win late into the round. If they forfeit WGT then fine but give the finished round or match XP to the player who did not!  The only way WGT will listen is if they actually hear us. I know this must be a widespread frustration. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 6:57 PM

You can't expect "completion" benefits if you didn't complete a round. Case settled for our hosts.

In MP games, there's always the chance that the game won't be finished, be it by a player's will or by one of the frequent system discons. Therefore, they should only be played for fun IMHO. Not for average, not for money, and not for CC benefits.

It's better to use the free CC pass in a solo game to obtain CDP bonus - one hole brings close to 1,000 XPs! And, never buy CC passes - NEVER! Luckily you have obeyed to that for at least two months now!

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 11:09 PM

alosso:

You can't expect "completion" benefits if you didn't complete a round. Case settled for our hosts.

In MP games, there's always the chance that the game won't be finished, be it by a player's will or by one of the frequent system discons. Therefore, they should only be played for fun IMHO. Not for average, not for money, and not for CC benefits.

It's better to use the free CC pass in a solo game to obtain CDP bonus - one hole brings close to 1,000 XPs! And, never buy CC passes - NEVER! Luckily you have obeyed to that for at least two months now!

As a CCowner, I concur. I advise my members to use the free pass; the paid passes could be spent for better purposes.

MP is probably the worst time to use a free pass.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2016 12:31 AM

+1!

I'd go even further and suggest to only use ONE free pass per day and especially for the CDP bonus. There's no other comparable benefit available, anything else is "peanuts" and not worth the trouble of time offsets resulting.

More than that, most CCs do not really need support by the CC XPs. Either the benefits are marginal (from L7 or L11 on), there are not any benefits available (from L16), or the CC will grow to the benefits with relaxed support anyway.

In no case, a missed pass or a dropped game should result in buying a pass. Just wait for tomorrow!

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2016 4:45 AM

The only game type where you dont get ANY XPs on completion is blitz(afaik). In SP if all other players exit, you still get a chance to complete ur round although you wont get XPs of multiple players. In MP or alt shots, the game is completed once the other player goes and u get XP till that point. 

• AcesWired
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 6:55 PM

Just give the remaining player the option to finish the round alone. "Your opponent has forfeited, would you like to continue?"

• TracyJayWright
    11 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2016 10:18 PM

Exactly my point. Thank you AcesWired! 

• beach29
    11 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2016 6:24 AM

Yes this is super annoying!

Please let there also be a button to report these players, and have them play in their own pool of players!!!

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Sat, Sep 3 2016 2:56 AM

I completely agree. Players who forfeit are not only unsportsmanlike, but they cost points and gain nothing by doing so. More aggravating are the ones who just let the clock run out. Do they think their average will be better if they quit a losing match?

i long ago learned not to play for my CDP XP points in a 3 hole match. 

I find only one reason to forfeit a match. If you're on the first hole and hit a shot in the deep rough, and your playing with 600 credit balls, and don't want to waste strokes. But even then it's still impolite. Players who forfeit usually need the practice anyway. 

I agree, if your opponent forfeits you should receive any XP points for the match. I'd like to see them penalized as well. Maybe subtracting points from them. But it's completely wrong that a player is penalized when their opponent forgets a game. 

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Sep 3 2016 12:08 PM

Back when CC passes were introduced, I offered up the perfect solution. 

WGT: Don't take the pass until the game is finished, not when it starts. 

Of course it was ignored. 

RSS