Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links vs Las Vegas Knights

Mon, Aug 8 2016 2:41 PM (23 replies)
  • didanz
    102 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2016 5:48 PM

Played Appy2 and lost by 2 after coming from 3 down to level the game. Two poor drives finished me off. Nice bloke.

• MBowe
    1,981 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2016 7:47 PM

Great match Eileen, You really were dialed in with those approach shots and putts. Well played, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Mike

• subsignal
    34 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2016 12:33 PM

Just played my game with Sean (Lakeside1952)
    Was a very tough game with up and downs.Was quickly leading 2 up with birdies on 2 and 3.
    4 both birdie ...5 both par
    On 6 th green i was struggling.Sean birdied it.So 1 up for me.7 till 9 we both birdied.
    The 7 th was my highlight in this game.It was a 13 yard shot from the rough to birdie.
    The 10 green i struggled once more and Sean birdied.So we got even.On the 11 th green Sean missed  a 4 feet shot for birdie and i did my 5 feet putt in for birdie.Very unlucky Sean.
    12 both par. 13 i birdied....2 up leading.14  birdie Sean....15 both par...16 Sean birdie.
    17 i birdie...18 Sean birdie....so we got even after 18 holes and it goes into extra.
    Shot my drive in the rough and Sean shot his second  2 feets near the hole.
    So Sean win 1up in extra.
    Would like to thx Sean for his very nice company.He is a true gent and a tough opponent to play with.

it doesn't matter if you win or loose when you have such a nice company

and that's the spirit of the game
    cheers Klaus

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2016 2:38 PM

Nice report there Klaus and nail on the head, these inter matches are always played in good spirit and are a great opportunity to meet and play with like minded players

• slamminsam1
    2,244 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2016 1:24 PM

Just had my match with 'Harry281' I got lucky first 3 holes by birdieing them, which made it difficult for Harry, he was sooooo unlucky with his putting whereas my putter seemed to be scathing hot for some strange reason- final insult for Harry was my second going straight in the hole for an eagle at 15 and a 4 & 3 win.

On another day the score would be so differant- great company round the course good exchange of banter- Top Bloke! Thanks again Harry- we will do it all again bud

TheSlammer

• TEdUp
    1,381 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2016 6:43 PM

Had a really enjoyable match play game with Tyrone (SamBigE) this evening...although we were very evenly matched he prevailed for a 2UP win on the 18th hole...the chat was fun as well as we joked about his attraction to the "beach" which I also got to sample several times myself...lol...GREAT win Mr T...hope we meet again for another entertaining game...cheers :)  ...Gary (TEdUp)

• SamBigE
    43 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2016 7:34 PM

Very enjoyable and entertaining round Thank You Gary. Nice healthy conversation, gentlemanly play, as well as some dandy shots by both, sure made this outing a pleasure. Score - well it just happened to fall in my favor this time, in a well matched pairing. Look forward to playing again Sir Gareth.

Thank You Captains for creating and hosting such great events

Tyrone

• Harry281
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 3:34 AM

Played my match with SlamminSam1, after 4 holes I was 3 down, 3 of my putts lipped the hole and the one on the 3rd went around the hole, came back to me and im sure it winked.I was still 3 down when my chip hit the pin and stayed out on the 10th and Sam said that he should only be 1up but not 3.We both had chances to either extend or reduce our scores but on the 15th par 4 he flew one in from 150 plus yards for and eagle and that was that. 
    Really enjoyed our match and Sam was a great bloke, plenty of chat and fun. Although i lost,these Inter CC games are priceless and this is what these games all about.

Harry281 lost 4 down.

• Priesum
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2016 8:58 AM

Just finished my match with Terry (TeRmYd0g70). Good match and very even front 9. Sadly Terry suffered some grim wtf moments after that and I won 5 up. But a very good game and a very very nice oppo. Most enjoyable!

• jpm1234
    43 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2016 8:35 PM

Just completed match with FourTa.  Early on, he was splitting the fairway with his drives and I was trying to find new ways to play out of the rough.  He had me down 3 after 8 holes - but I was able to claw back to AS by 11.  He went up 1 at 13, then we got AS again after 16.  Finally missed a birdie putt on 18 and Fourta made his to win match 1 up.  

Great player - great sportsman.  Great win by FourTa!  

RSS