Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links vs Las Vegas Knights

Mon, Aug 8 2016 2:41 PM (23 replies)
  • Nicozandberg
    716 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 5:34 AM

Southern England Links 16-29 Las Vegas Knights (Final Score)

Course: Bethpage Black Full 18
    Format: Ranked Matchplay
    Due Date: 3rd August 2016 (Midnight GMT)

JimCruz (TL) (USA) vs 20Feet (TL) (CAN) JimCruz win 3Up

KenBTexas (TL) (USA) vs Wutpa (L) (CAN) KenBTexas wins 3Up

Ranger1988 (L) (USA) vs Rhud2 (L) (USA) Rhud2 wins 5Up

Subsignal (L) (GER) vs Lakeside1952 (L) (HOL) Lakeside1952 wins Extra Holes

Mike9950 (L) (GBR) vs PogBah (L) (GBR) Mike9950 wins 2&1

Dave21265 (L) (GBR) vs Fantasy1 (L) (GBR) Fantasy1 wins by default

Harry281 (L) (GBR) vs SlamminSam1 (L) (GBR) Slamminsam1 wins 4&3

Termydog70 (L) (GBR) vs Priesum (L) (GBR) Priesum wins 5Up

Beeners58 (L) (USA) vs MBowe (L) (USA) Beeners58 wins 1Up

BillD1994 (L) (USA) vs Texsoon (L) (USA) Texsoon wins 3Up

SamBigE (L) (CAN) vs TedUp (L) (CAN) SamBigE wins 2Up

JPM1234 (L) (USA) vs Fourta (L) (CAN) Fourta wins 1Up

Didanz (L) (NZL) vs Appy2 (L) (USA) Appy2 wins 2Up

Oaktown (TM) (USA) vs Tuxedo2 (L) (USA) Tuxedo2 wins 3&2

GaryDarby3022 (TM) (CAN) vs DanWidget (M) (GBR) DanWidget wins 7&5

• Nicozandberg
    716 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 5:36 AM

Rules and Regulations

1. Matches played at Bethpage Black Full 18 (Ranked Matchplay)
    2. Due date Midnight 3 August 2016 GMT
    3. Please send friend request to opponents as soon as possible.
    4. Matches must be arranged for a specific time & date, between players eg "Invite me when Im green" is not an arrangement.
    5. Match problems must be communicated to your team captains (Tuxedo2 or NicoZandberg) without delay. If matches are not complete a decision will be made to whom the match is awarded. Thus non-completion does not necessarily mean a draw. Try your best to get your matches done in specified period.
    6. Match scores must be posted regularly by team captains or individual players on the public WGT forum thread created. Link to thread will be provided soon.
    7. Points are awarded as follows: 3 points for the win 2 Points for Win after extra Holes1 point for a Loss after extra holes and 0 points for the loss.
    8. No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification.

• Billd1994
    18 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2016 5:02 AM

Played my match with Texsoon last night. Man never gave me a chance. He hit the ball extremely well and had me on the ropes from the start. The way I was playing the only surprise was that it lasted as long as it did.

Texsoon wins 3up after 16

Despite the poor showing on my part it was a good time and I enjoyed playing with him. Look forward to seeing him out there again

• Texsoon
    359 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2016 1:47 PM

Played Bill (Billd1994) in the CC vs CC match play at Bethpage yesterday.  Hit the ball a little better than normal.  Even holed a 174 yard shot for eagle.  I was fortunate and got up early.  then Bill started coming back at me.  His putter got heated up and he made some great putts of extended length.  I was lucky and threw a few in there close, which i had to do or i would have been in trouble.

I (Texsoon) , was fortunate to win the match 3 up after 16

Bill was a great guy to play with and I thoroughly enjoyed our match.  He was a true gentleman, plays a nice game, and I hope to see him on the links in the future.

Jim

Texsoon

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2016 7:40 PM

Played KenBTexas this evening and had a very enjoyable game. Ken was excellent company throughout and was kind enough to let me think I was in with a chance for much of the front nine.

Class will out however and he gradually stretched away by throwing in beautiful approaches hole after hole, while I apparently stood with my back to the green and chucked the ball backwards over my shoulder in the approximate direction of the flag. 

Thanks for the game Ken, it was great fun and a pleasure playing with such a gent. 

KenBTexas beats Wutpa 3 & 2.

Nigel.

• KenBTEXAS
    281 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2016 7:43 PM

played Nigel this evening .. had a good fun great match

A fun guy and a great golfer.

I owe him an apology for calling him a californian :-) Vancouver Island is far from there !!

(nothing against californians just don't wana be one) LoL 

anyway it was golf and good golf to boot.

We started out hot an Nigel took a 1 up lead on the second hole. We both birdied from there an I got 1 back on the long 7th with a good 3I birdie.

The ding monster got Nigel on his birdie putt on #9 and we made the turn KenB 1 up.

I found a ding and threw a few darts on 10 and 12 to go 3 up. then we struggled and laughed thru 16 where it ended ...

Thanks Nigle for a great game

KenBTexas (TL) (USA) vs Wutpa (L) (CAN) Ken B wins 3 up

• rhud2
    1,333 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2016 8:17 PM

Played Topper (Ranger1988) tonight... a very fun match and a class act he is. We matched shot for shot on the front 9, i managed to make a few putts as Topper grazed the edge of the hole and lip out. Topper you are a great sportsman sir. Yet another friend made tonight.

Thanks Topper for a fun match, very enjoyable!!

Ranger1988 vs Rhud2            Rhud2 wins 5 up

Robert

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2016 8:37 PM

Had a great round tonight with Robert! Enjoyed the company and making another great friend! His play was fantastic, and I just couldn't keep up with him on the back nine!

We made some fantastic shots and Robert sank some beautiful long putts throughout!

It's all about the fun and company, and tonight was definately alot of fun and great company!

Thanks again, Robert! Great win!

Topper

• tuxedo2
    5,293 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 12:30 PM

Played Tom (Oaktown) a fellow Raider fan today and was able to hold him off  3&2

Tom really gave me a run for my money,  my putter was ice cold on the front 9.

I was able to make the right shots on the back nine to win this one.

Thanks Tom enjoyed it.

• Beeners58
    36 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2016 8:46 AM

I'm sorry - I can't figure out how to create a new post.

MBowe and I just played our match; and what a match it was!  One of the best matches I've had in a while.  We went back and forth the first few holes, but I managed to go 1 up and stay up from about the 6th hole.  It wasn't easy though.  Mike kept me on my toes.  We both birdied almost every hole.  One of the best rounds we've both had on that course ever.  It really was a shame that anyone had to "lose" as there were some really great shots and putts being made by both of us.  I got lucky and ended up victorious by 1, but it could very easily have gone either way.  Great company...great match!  Thank you Mike!

Eileen (Beeners58)

RSS