Help › Forums

Stupid Caddie Switching Putters On Me

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 25 2016 10:50 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • smacksawace001
    6 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 8:30 PM

On tourney and champ greens i'm so regularly killing myself by using my 50' putter when i'mm setting up thinking i've got the 25' putter.....perfect put and ZOOM....playing a bracket right now on champ greens and its happened twice on the first nine and i'm at E when I should be at 2 underish.....

Please in the next version let ME decide when to change my putter.  I know this is my own fault, but I get caught up doing all the math and i forget to check......

I know the guy i'm up against is going to go 68 give or take and this is costing me.....

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2016 2:09 PM

smacksawace001:
    Please in the next version let ME decide when to change my putter.  I know this is my own fault, but I get caught up doing all the math and i forget to check.....

Pre-shot routine.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2016 2:28 PM

ZioMio:

smacksawace001:
    Please in the next version let ME decide when to change my putter.  I know this is my own fault, but I get caught up doing all the math and i forget to check.....

Pre-shot routine.

And look out for the scroll wheel. That's also how you tee off with a 64 degree wedge on a 620 yard par five. And don't expect any sympathy from your playing partners. They're too busy laughing.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2016 2:34 PM

You only have one putter, how hard you hit it is entirely up to you.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2016 2:56 PM

I triple check my club/scale 3 times before hitting the ball

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2016 4:23 PM

I'm a sucker for the fringe putt on the 100 foot scale..........bye bye ball....

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2016 2:27 AM

K7JBQ:

ZioMio:

smacksawace001:

Pre-shot routine.

And look out for the scroll wheel. That's also how you tee off with a 64 degree wedge on a 620 yard par five. And don't expect any sympathy from your playing partners. They're too busy laughing.

Yeah lol

• tubbytubb
    121 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2016 6:45 AM

I've done it so many times its called a tubby special in our club.

• tex990
    808 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2016 8:00 AM

That caddy needs to be looking over my shoulder to see which scale I just figured the putt on...yeah, that's gonna happen :)

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2016 10:19 AM

I think having the wrong putter scale has bitten us all at some point during our time here.  In most cases it causes a short term bout of swearing but shouldn't result in any permanent damage to your psyche.

Playing a tee shot with the wrong club has only happened twice to me, once the par 5 16th at Kiawah where I just cleared the water and once on BPB #3 which landed me in the heavy rough between the tee and green. Trust me, you don't want to go there.

What I often get is the wrong club is being shown but when I go to select the right one I find it already highlighted.  The highlighted club and the one I'm being told I have don't match up.  I hope this makes sense.  I haven't ever tried playing a shot to see which club I actually have in my virtual hands, it always seems to happen during a round that matters.

Next time it occurs I'll grab a screen shot of it so you can see what I mean.

• PAGES
RSS