Forums

Help › Forums

8 player brackets for Country clubs?

Mon, Jan 6 2020 6:31 AM (34 replies)
  • tuxedo2
    5,293 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2016 12:28 AM

Yea I know this is beating a dead horse because I've mentioned it before..

The response was:

"There are no plans for 8 player brackets, however 36 player brackets are coming soon"

Still waiting and funny thing is I didn't see anyone thrilled to bits about expanding rather loads agreeing with me for an 8 player format!

So hear US out W.G.T. before you shut me down again!

How about for Country Club's then? If this is something your club would play give me a thumb's up people!

Footnote: Another GREAT idea would be an 8 player bracket for Country Club play where the owner/tournament director could plug in the names themselves for this type of tournament, instead of it being random.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say a lot of clubs would use this format, so if you like this idea please comment.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2016 6:17 AM

Yes!

'Fast fill', is the name of the game in the smaller country clubs and there are many of them.

The lucky Chinese Number 8 is Trumps!

A great idea, when's the next "update"?

Footnote: Totally agree with your footnote too Tuxedo, that would be fun :^)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2016 2:54 PM

Totally agree and the continual snub by WGT is a slap in the face to the small CC's out there. By continual focus on large clubs is blinkered and not maximising your potential.

32 brackets "coming soon"! Where have I heard that before? 

A no brainer for me, simple to program and will encourage participation.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2016 4:10 PM

The answer for small or large CC's that want to set up bracket tournaments is the use of the Challonge site. Quite easy to set up brackets including double elimination ones.    https://s32.postimg.org/cmodpdswl/OAKStravel_poster_print_scotland_golf_899_p.jpg.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2016 4:34 PM

HackWilson1930:
    The answer for small or large CC's that want to set up bracket tournaments is the use of the Challonge site

I agree you can, but why should the end users be required to create workarounds for WGT's failings?

This has been requested since the brackets were released, and should be a straight forward implementation.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2016 4:35 PM

All they would have to do is allow first round byes when you set a bracket up. Too simple.

• GrahamB2014
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2016 4:21 AM

I think the footnote idea is the most interesting.

If club tournaments could be made by invitation club owners would have far greater flexibility to set up competitions for individual groups of players.

Or a competition to reward a group of members for contributing ideas etc to the club.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2016 12:32 PM

As an extension of this idea, it would be great if a club owner were able to create a 2-player 'bracket' for competition finals, play offs etc. One of the interesting elements of bracket tourneys for me is not knowing what your opponent's score is until after you have both played. I would like it if play offs could be created using the minimal bracket template so that Player B does not know what Player A scored until after the game is over.

But on topic, I would love to see 8-player brackets, or even 4-player brackets as an option. Good shout Tux!

• bgmcleod
    6 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2016 7:49 AM

We have 150 members and never fill a bracket. 8 member brackets would absolutely be the way to go.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2016 10:23 AM

Completely agree. Eight player brackets would be perfect for my club.

RSS