Forums

Help › Forums

So many wins

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 15 2009 9:19 AM (1 replies)
  • sealseal
    67 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 8:23 AM

Tiger has won many tournaments. I think more PGA players should have beat Tiger many times before, and Tiger has too many wins (my opinion).

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 9:19 AM

Sealseal ... Unless you are scripting the outcome of each competitive match, there is no such thing as 'too many wins'.

You can't penalize someone for being good at what they do.  I am sorry but it doesn't work out that way... unless you're in a Communist Society, but that's a topic for another day.

Eldrick already gives the field a fighting chance by not entering every tournament, or he would have many, many more wins by this point in his career.  No, he wins because he is the best golfer of our time.  (Sorry, Eldrick fans, I am loathe to give him the GOAT tag because you can't compare eras.)

What I am tired of is the coverage of him during the golf tournaments.  Even when he is out of contention, the media focus all attention on him and everything he does.  It's an "All Tiger, all the time" mentality that bothers me.  I want to see good golf; when it's Tiger, fine, lets watch Tiger, but when it's NOT Tiger, let's watch someone else.

Interesting factoid.  Tiger has NEVER come from behind on Sunday to win a Major.  Not one.  If he is not leading after 54 holes, he does not win.  Of course, if he IS leading after 54 holes, he does not lose either.  So, look at tonight's leaderboard and you will see if Eldrick is going to win at Hazeltine.

Peace.

RSS