Help › Forums

why am i stuck on 62?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 13 2017 10:59 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pdking
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2016 6:21 PM

i'v been on 62 for 6 months, beat many legends on match and never moves either way

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2016 8:53 AM

pdking:
    i'v been on 62 for 6 months,

Your average is not tied to beating anyone. It's just a reflection of your score. I'm assuming you've saturated. Looking at your score history, I see only one instance of you making a 62 (31 for 9) 

You simply need to score better in ranked rounds. 

Good Luck

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2016 10:15 AM

JimbeauC:
    You simply need to score better in ranked rounds. 

True, but I'm afraid to correct you to the other points.

For a TM (and lower), beating a higher tier does count towards the average. But there may be a limit in this effect, and perhaps PD has reached this limit with 28 wins against legends.

The last score of 31 (62 for the average) should also have had an effect on the saturated average, but one is not enough.

@pdking: Looking at your other visible scores which are substantially higher (I see three 34s, a few 35s but nothing below), I'm guessing that your skills are around a 68 average. Only your former Match wins have pushed your average down to 62 but fortunately not to 61.00 - you might become really unhappy as a Legend.

So, don't stare at your average, it will care for itself. You should rather look out for the fun in the game!

pdking:
    i'v been on 62 for 6 months,

You should also consider how much you have played in these months - I'm guessing, not too much. In the light of this, you're playing quite well!

Hit it straight!

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2016 10:52 AM

Admittedly I didn't go back very far but all the match play wins I checked there was 1 win against a legend and 1 against a tour master. Everything else was master or lower. And that is not going to lower his average.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2016 11:25 AM

alosso:
    For a TM (and lower), beating a higher tier does count towards the average.

Interesting. I played very little matchplay early on, and probably wouldn't have noticed anyway. 

Thanks.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2016 12:41 PM

borntobesting:
    all the match play wins I checked there was 1 win against a legend and 1 against a tour master

He has 25 wins against Legends in his Matchplay stats.

JimbeauC:

alosso:
    For a TM (and lower), beating a higher tier does count towards the average.

Interesting. I played very little matchplay early on, and probably wouldn't have noticed anyway. 

You would! I made Legend by beating two Ls on KIA, resulting in a combined -1.4 in average.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2016 2:18 PM

alosso:
    I made Legend by beating two Ls on KIA,

LOL

I hope you were at a high enough level to get some appropriate equipment.  :^)

• pdking
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2016 9:42 PM

thank you,  just wondering why it has been stuck at exactly 62.

I did get here to TM  but the score constantly changed.  Now it's just 62   forever 62

good or bad rounds, scored match play, ranked play, never changes off 62

I

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2016 11:09 PM

Yes I was! Long before, L83 for the better G20s shortly after I became Master...

Those matches were in a competition with another German CC. We couldn't match their tiers, so we had the first choice of the course. KIA B9 was the most favourite for us ;)

I remember that one of the opposite Ls tried to trick me into a friendly match so he could "raise" me to his advantage by losing. I refused ;)

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2016 9:21 AM

The only thing I can think of for the OP is that he DID get to that average by beating a Legend or whatnot, and still has many scores well above that in his saturation. 

-------------------------

alosso:
    I remember that one of the opposite Ls tried to trick me into a friendly match so he could "raise" me to his advantage by losing. I refused ;)

Sneaky.   :^)

I remember my early forays at Legend. #3 Kia - I thought I'd never get over the hill again. Thankfully, I was close in level to fairly quickly get a good driver upgrade. Kiawah and St Andrews were the biggest shocks. Unbelievable how much harder they are from the tips. 

• PAGES
RSS