Forums

Help › Forums

Clash

Tue, Jun 28 2016 4:25 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tjune2016
    588 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2016 2:12 AM

Why is Wgt ruining the Clash by having it every few weeks??? It use to be fun, now the fun is wearing off.  Do the top Country Clubs call the shots on the clash??  Just a thought.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2016 3:10 PM

TJune..I agree the clash is run too often. It's a money maker for wgt, so they will continue to milk the cow..

ct

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2016 6:44 PM

tjune2016:
    Do the top Country Clubs  run the Clash or what ??

guess it depends on your definition of a top club....the clubs i consider top clubs put very little into clashes and consider them a bit of a nuisance usually

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2016 7:22 PM

ct690911:
    This game is supposed to be a fun past time;

past time?  I am surprised at you ct.  The word is pastime.....a fun pastime.

;0)

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2016 7:35 PM

andyson:

ct690911:
    This game is supposed to be a fun past time;

past time?  I am surprised at you ct.  The word is pastime.....a fun pastime.

;0)

thx Andy...been a long day. Will amend post...and have fun doing it.:)

Edit: TJune has since amended her first post, so I had to follow suit for context. My grammatical error "never happened"...lol

...still appreciate the pick-up, bro. Unlike some, I don't mind being corrected when in error.

ct

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2016 10:09 PM

tjune2016:
    If you do not like it do not play in it

True as gold. You know the concept of "free will"? And if you like them Clashes
    by chance, don't play to win - it's costly and not worth the trouble.

tjune2016:
    Has the Georgian ever played Majestic Mountain??

Totally irrelevant. This shows to me that you have not understood how to "play to win" the Clashes and why you hardly have a chance with 51 members.

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2016 11:09 PM

tjune2016:

Why is Wgt ruining the Clash by having it every few weeks??? It use to be fun, now it is a pain .  Your cramming it down our throats.  !!!   Do the top Country Clubs  run the Clash or what ??  Is Pitting a small club up against a large CC  fair or fun?? ( Oh i forgot it is a ramdon draw ) The answer is no !!! Holding the Clash once a month is fine. Now the wgt puppets will speak out i am sure. Couple of  things they will say is ,  If you do not like it do not play in it BLAH BLAH BLAH> or small clubs can win.   I would like to know , Has the Georgian ever played Majestic Mountain?? Probaly not. You do not want one of them to lose would be a sad day for WGT   Oh by the way i do message wgt about this gripe.

Wait... wgt is ruining the clash by having too many of them? lolololololol

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jun 26 2016 2:03 AM

Beryman:

tjune2016:

guess it depends on your definition of a top club....the clubs i consider top clubs put very little into clashes and consider them a bit of a nuisance usually

Never ceases to amaze me when some people try to use the Clashes as a gauge to being a top club.

Until such a time that they are purely based on skill and fair and equitable with regards to club size. they will forever be a joke in my eyes. 

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Sun, Jun 26 2016 3:59 AM

We quite enjoy playing the clashes in my club - we are not yet at the stage where we can offer other clubs a match up, so this is the nearest we get to it. And there is no need or requirement to buy passes.

However, I do have one point (gripe) about them. It would appear that 'some' clubs get to play the par 5s several times during the event but we humble plebs get RSG and the Par 3s, both with high winds.

Now, I have been playing for long enough to know that a decent player can birdie most of the holes on the par 5s without too much effort - so they have a potential clash points score of 216 using a superpass whilst we struggle to make 140 with RSG and the Par 3s - also using a superpass. This, to me, is grossly unfair and every club in the clash should get the same course(s) in rotation.

Of course, the opposition in each clash get exactly the same course - but I am talking about the overall points score - 5 clashes played on the Par 5s is more than 350 additional points over the other clubs (and that is just for one player) - not exactly a level playing field.

Bill

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Sun, Jun 26 2016 4:13 AM

tjune2016:

The 'top' Country clubs don't play in the clashes, not worth the ball usage. If it was skill based, level amount of players and something worth playing for, you would see very different clubs winning them

• PAGES
RSS