Help › Forums

Gifting Clubs and Balls

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 27 2016 12:36 AM (5 replies)
  • JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2016 10:21 PM

I have a friend at level 8. I'm at 50. 

In the pro shop I seem to have the option to gift items, but he doesn't. 

1) why can't he gift me items?

2) can I gift my used clubs to him?

3) can gifted items be over the players current level?

thanks

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2016 9:30 AM

1) Because items above your level are locked, you can't access them, even to gift.

2)  Because used clubs can't be gifted to another player.  You can only sell them back to WGT.  Think of it as a lease.  You can only turn them in for some credits (25% of cost)

3)  No you can't gift an item that is not unlocked to the player receiving it.  Otherwise you would have hacks with top of the line equipment and no idea of how to play the game.

phred952

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2016 1:29 PM

phred952:
    1) Because items above your level are locked, you can't access them, even to gift.

Not correct I'm afraid. This is true:

phred952:
    you can't gift an item that is not unlocked to the player receiving it.

The lock on the gifter's side may have to do with his tier. See FAQ =>

• CheatBuster
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 26 2016 12:08 PM

That's correct Alosso , otherwise how could Petervcpt ( level 90) gift level 94 balls?

Anyway.  It's time to say goodbye everyone.

My account has now been disabled - due to me swearing in the forum.

Bear in mind that this came immediately after playing Alts against players with cheat-software running.  Their timer ran to zero and we didn't reset - losing us the game we had worked so hard to claw-back.

That was the limit for me , and I was rightly annoyed.

I certainly see no future for myself in a game - now dominated by cheats and red-tee stat/tier distortions.

I would hope that one player  has been outed for his blatant cheating , troublemaking and needling arrogance.  Knowing this one has been "liquidated" will take a little of the sour-taste away.

Good luck to the honest players out there - and congrats to Petervcpt for his reaching legend-tier yesterday - that's pleased me no end , and I'd like to think I had a small hand in that somehow.

After a break of nearly one year from music and the industry as a whole - I feel the time is now right to re-kindle my career as a guitarist/tutor. I am on my way this morning to buy my first PRS guitar. This being the first new instrument I have bought in 30 years.   Thanks to msg/jimbog for helping me back on track - and special thanks to Fatty501 for her undying support and kindness.

I shall remember the good times on WGT with fondness.  I'm thankful that I had a chance to experience the game before the advent of two new-tiers  , red-tee tourneys , the half-assed mobile platform , Topgolf - and the proliferation of born-again cheats.

See ya.

Solarflares.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Jun 26 2016 1:13 PM

You are right Alosso.  The last time I clicked on something above my level (been a while) it wouldn't allow gifting.  Now it does.  My mistake.  Thanks for correcting me.

phred952

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2016 12:36 AM

CheatBuster:
    My account has now been disabled - due to me swearing in the forum.

That seems odd as normally you will only get a time out....did you ask for it to be closed?

Sounds more like you may have called out some players......ummm as further down your post (and got past the mods for a first post lol).

I do not read the forums as much as they are often just arguments going around in circles, but generally I though most of your posts were constructive.

Anyhoo, best of luck with your music, hope your dreams and aspirations are fulfilled.

RSS