Help › Forums

Forfeiting ?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 29 2016 4:26 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • moer1en1soek
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2016 12:57 AM

How many have started a game with a low avg player, only to find they forfeit the game when you are beating them ?

How does one get past this, it really hacks me off, they wait till the timer goes off twice and then disqualify. I lose on my XP points for it 

• teraplanez
    2 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 10:14 PM

I have experienced the same frustration. I changed my picture to one I made that says, WIMPS FORFEIT. I don't know if it is working but I don't get as many quitter. Also, I find that most of the ones that do forfeit are higher ranking players and they wait until the last putt on the last hole to forfeit. Those are the true WIMPS.

window.post_1475039372204_9 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }

window.post_1475039378610_32 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 12:23 PM

moer1en1soek:

How does one get past this, it really hacks me off, they wait till the timer goes off twice and then disqualify. I lose on my XP points for it 

You can get past it by not playing against people you do not know. Play against members of your country club (if you aren't in one, join a good one). Play against people on your friends list. Play against people who you see on these forums who you can see are trustworthy by the way they interact with others here. Play against those people who are recommended to you by fellow club members or friends.

Know your opponent if you want to avoid the problem you describe.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 9:00 PM

i will not sign on to a round,under 45seconds, a best of par 3, 4, 5. a pay to play course or anyone with an orange tag on their play name.

i also have a list of all those who in the past left a round i was playing in for what i consider a less than a good reason to do so.

everyone would like to not have to deal with Quitters, but they are here to stay sadly.  eventhough they may not be the same ones as i'm sure the reason they are Quitters will also be the reason they do not last here long.  my nickle.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 2:33 PM

"You know years ago I had 750 friends on my list.."

Raw numbers on a friends list doesn't mean much...Henry has 4200 on his list..I doubt he has actually played 42 of them. The rest are shot gun invites that were accepted.

A reasonable list of people (100?) allows you to play them and get to know each...routine revisions also help. Keeps the list current with players that actually stick out the game.

ct

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 3:32 PM

gotta draw a line somewhere.  the orange tab was mine,  my nickle.

• PAGES
RSS