Forums

Help › Forums

Just want to say hello to.....

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 3 2016 2:54 PM (9 replies)
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2016 12:32 PM

My little friends out there ,and do some bla..bla..bla..  .                  Been a while since  i have  started a thread ............(Just for the bla bla bla)                    Here is my curse  ,  one hole one green on St-Andrew ..........  most will think,   yep    hole 17  back 9  green is  a tuff one .   But no...   not for me on 17th  green....  mind you on that one par is great for most ...... i have one on St Andrew that still today  drives me nuts .    Because  every time i play it..... i am very close to the pin 90% of the time  ( 2 to 4 yrds)...... easy putt i say .....but no mater  how close i am to the pin for a Bird, i  always  get a Par or worst ......                Some you the older players knows the one i am talking about now  it is no 2   green..........ha ha ha    and you know what on that green,,,,,,    i can not  get my putting right  on both  WGT pin location on  St-A no2 .     What  is your    worst   green to putt  on.......... specially if you  are close to the pin    for a Bird or Par  ?                       Good   day  all  .        Francois   (Frapp)            

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2016 1:15 PM

You nailed it. That's the pin. I can make 20 footers on that hole but I can also three putt from three feet with no problem at all. The break on short putts is diabolical.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2016 1:35 PM

(difficult greens on STA)

frappefort:
    not for me on 17th  green....  mind you on that one par is great for most

For me, a Par on STA#2 is a win, too. The tactics to get it ain't too difficult and doable for both pins with Starters from yellow (Pro) tees - just make sure you have a straight uphill first putt and leave it short for another uphill putt!

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2016 1:51 PM

Yep  Frapp, STA #2 can be a real pain, especially if you're a miss-ding putter. The commentator has racked up quite a few coughs there when my avatar misses those two footers. Notice I blame my avatar, as it is obviously his fault. As a "Legend", there is no way I could miss a two footer :)

Doc :)

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2016 5:19 PM

LMAO   Doc ,          Alosso  thanks for the tip ....

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2016 9:06 PM

Good to see you on the forum mon ami!

Oakmont #9 front pin.  I probably have more birdies from the front bunker than putting on the green.  And I can count my total birds on that hole on one hand.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 5:38 PM

yep   Andy     i  know 

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 5:51 PM

#1 Kiawah (left pin) has always been a thorn in my side....it seems sooo tame but you cant get a good read or it breaks twice as much as it looks like

i figure if i birdie it the rest of the holes are no worries

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Jun 2 2016 7:55 AM

Beryman:
    #1 Kiawah (left pin) has always been a thorn in my side....

Sooo glad you posted that pin Beryman....good to know it's not only me who struggles there!

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Jun 3 2016 2:54 PM

Any pin where your putt is straight until the last 2 feet where it breaks off a cliff is annoying.

There are a few on Kiawah like that.  About half the back pins on the front 9 do something similar.

RSS