rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 1 2016 3:16 PM (7 replies)
  • dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2016 8:54 AM

This is how one hits the flag stick twice in one shot.     ~  just dandy

replay.aspx?ID=d4e26f9b a249 4396 acdf a6140155d3e1

Chambers Bay #12   That roller coaster green.   Wheeeeee

After a second look.....   I think it might have lipped out coming back.   ???

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2016 10:05 AM

Very cool, thanks for sharing. You gotta love replay views from camera 3 on this green, wonderful patterns again and again with lots of them ending within a few feet of the hole.

I think you're right about lipping out after returning... the glancing blow from the stick changed the ball direction pretty much into the old path (coming in from top right in pic) and, upon encountering the lip, re-directed further to the right. 

-Keith

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2016 11:34 AM

Very cool replay -

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2016 7:37 PM

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2016 8:23 PM

Not only did it hit the flagstick twice.  Zoom in on camera 2 and it shows hitting the same side of the stick.

I know seems impossible, due to direction change after hitting the stick the second time.. I even zoomed 6 times on camera 3 and on both passes you will see the ball pass on the other side of the stick.

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2016 6:32 AM

Very cool shot.  I'll have to try that.  Just too bad it didn't go in on the return trip.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 1:20 PM

garyk49:

Not only did it hit the flagstick twice.  Zoom in on camera 2 and it shows hitting the same side of the stick.

I know seems impossible, due to direction change after hitting the stick the second time.. I even zoomed 6 times on camera 3 and on both passes you will see the ball pass on the other side of the stick.

why not? we are not talking about straight line hits... 

great replay, I never seen anything like this before 

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 3:16 PM

Ty Icon....    Catching the replay can sometimes be a trick too.

On the return roll, the ball speed was fairly brisk which made it possible to strike the stick and lip out causing the right turn.   

Really...   I got a first at something.  lol

RSS