Forums

Help › Forums

Memorial Day Weekend

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 30 2016 5:46 PM (23 replies)
  • StephanieCA
    258 Posts
    Fri, May 27 2016 6:47 AM

Wishing everyone a wonderful Memorial Day weekend (for those who celebrate). Thank you to all who have or are serving in our Armed Forces!! We appreciate the many sacrifices you have made in order to keep us safe and free. This Monday, please take time to honor all who gave their last breath so we could take our next breath......

Steph

• ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2016 12:24 PM

Very nice words Stephanie.  There are two threads with the same well wishes, so I will keep it short and say that all soldiers and veterans appreciate the kind thoughts and support. The "profession of arms" is not for everyone, nor should it be. Similar lines of work: fire fighters, police, emergency room workers, etc, are often a calling. It behooves us all to appreciate the good work and sacrifice of  the vast majority of these folks.

I know the Americans to be extremely patriotic. I hope the US veterans and serving soldiers have a safe and enjoyable Memorial long weekend.

ct

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2016 12:50 PM

ct690911:
    so I will keep it short

shorter in other thread ;)

ct690911:
    There are two threads with the same well wishes

Penned over 5 hours apart....

ct690911:
    I know the Americans to be extremely patriotic.

Yet only a Canadian responded & an Englishman commented in over 30 hours !!

;-))

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2016 1:04 PM

alcaucin:

LOL. That's because everybody got out of Dodge last night to beat the traffic on their way to lakes, cabins, relatives, picnics, parades, hot dogs and apple pie. Unofficial kickoff to summer and the US is out and about .  :-)

• StephanieCA
    258 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2016 1:04 PM

ct690911:

Very nice words Stephanie.  There are two threads with the same well wishes, so I will keep it short and say that all soldiers and veterans appreciate the kind thoughts and support. The "profession of arms" is not for everyone, nor should it be. Similar lines of work: fire fighters, police, emergency room workers, etc, are often a calling. It behooves us all to appreciate the good work and sacrifice of  the vast majority of these folks.

I know the Americans to be extremely patriotic. I hope the US veterans and serving soldiers have a safe and enjoyable Memorial long weekend.

ct

Hi CT, 

Thank you for adding your wonderful words....

Steph

• StephanieCA
    258 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2016 1:08 PM

alcaucin:

ct690911:
    so I will keep it short

shorter in other thread ;)

ct690911:
    There are two threads with the same well wishes

Penned over 5 hours apart....

ct690911:
    I know the Americans to be extremely patriotic.

;-))

Not sure what you are implying, Alcaucin, but I would ask that we keep this post positive.

Steph

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2016 1:34 PM

YankeeJim:

alcaucin:

LOL. That's because everybody got out of Dodge last night to beat the traffic on their way to lakes, cabins, relatives, picnics, parades, hot dogs and apple pie. Unofficial kickoff to summer and the US is out and about .  :-)

Yeah Jim..gotta get the priorities right eh...

Traffic jam / suntan / apple pie V honouring the war dead.......

TUFF call, I have to admit !!  :-)))

^^^^ Joke btw US folks.....don't get all PDB1 on me ;-)

In all seriousness...I think a large portion of the European Continent appreciate and recognize the US ( amongst many Countries around the World ) for their sacrifices in many conflicts.

My thoughts are with all who had to lose a loved one for the freedom we now take so much for granted.

Andy

EDIT, I must have been typing as you posted Steph.....I think it was quite a positive post ?

• StephanieCA
    258 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2016 1:45 PM

alcaucin:

YankeeJim:

alcaucin:

Yeah Jim..gotta get the priorities right eh...

Traffic jam / suntan / apple pie V honouring the war dead.......

TUFF call, I have to admit !!  :-)))

^^^^ Joke btw US folks.....don't get all PDB1 on me ;-)

In all seriousness...I think a large portion of the European Continent appreciate and recognize the US ( amongst many Countries around the World ) for their sacrifices in many conflicts.

My thoughts are with all who had to lose a loved one for the freedom we now take so much for granted.

Andy

EDIT, I must have been typing as you posted Steph.....I think it was quite a positive post ?

Andy,

Appreciate your addional words above.

Steph

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2016 2:07 PM

I join with all my respect ,   to the man and woman,of the    free world   that are serving .......       and all those that sacrifice  their  life  that we can be  free  .                     Francois

• StephanieCA
    258 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2016 10:08 AM

Very nice Francois :)

Steph

RSS