Help › Forums

Meter Speed: Clubs + balls

Fri, May 27 2016 3:47 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2016 3:53 AM

I've never seen this topic discussed.

If I have a putter, that has a meter speed of 4.5, and a ball that has a meter of 4.0, what is the overall impact of this combination on the meter speed.

Should the meter speed be slower than the meter speed of the putter at 4.5?

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2016 5:56 AM

It's a good question and I am surprised u have to ask it.

Logic tells me that that slower meter speed would predominat, but I am not sure.

I use 3.5 balls and a 4.5 putter and for sure the meter is no different as much as I can tell than when I hit my 3.5 irons or woods.

So the ball dominates the putter, no, I don't think so. It must be slower but we just can't see it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2016 7:13 AM

Why would the meter slow down with a ball that's faster than the putter?

I just went to practice mode and looked at the difference between a starter ball-0 meter- and the 71 Nike I use with a 3.0 meter. The meter was noticeably faster with the starter ball on the green.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2016 7:46 AM

YankeeJim:

The meter was noticeably faster with the starter ball on the green.

Of course it is, that's why ur crap playing wiv starter balls.

I don't think that was what he was getting at.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2016 8:54 AM

Here is the rational.   We all know that the ball plays an important role in the overall speed of the meter.  But what is the exact impact does the ball have on the meter, if you are playing with good clubs to begin with.

Hence from my original post......

If I have a putter, that has a meter speed of 4.5, and a ball that has a meter of 4.0, what is the overall impact of this combination on the meter speed.

A long time ago when the V1 raptures came out.  It's combination and ball selection provided an excellent and consistent meter.  Just, to show how long I have been here.  With those clubs I was using the B-XD balls at 10 credits per sleeve.  Now I am paying 700 credits per sleeve. 

Conclusion, now we have better clubs and balls, you would think the meter would be slower.......hmmmmm......

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2016 9:04 AM

oneeyedjohn:
    Of course it is, that's why ur crap playing wiv starter balls.

Speak for yourself. I actually prefer the faster meter and can easily handle the starter balls, you just can't compete with them.

oneeyedjohn:
    I don't think that was what he was getting at.

Then please explain because I'm still not understanding how the quality of today's clubs should make the meter go slower.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2016 2:52 PM

FAIK it's a combo, as discussed HERE.

"But the main points I'm making here is to find the number total which works for you"

Infinito3010:
    If I have a putter, that has a meter speed of 4.5, and a ball that has a meter of 4.0

The speed total of both is 8.5 - very slow

If it was a starter ball it would be 4.5 + 0 = 4.5 - moderate

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2016 3:48 PM

Just did 10 holes on best of putting with Beginner, Starter and my Nike l102 putters, using a Starter ball

The Beginner is wonderful as it slows down approaching the ding, so assessing the meter speed is irrelevant.

The Starter was jittery approaching the ding and quick.

The Nike was no better than the Starter, jittery near the ding, and quick.

Played with a level 61 Nike ball and my Nike putter, was smooth, and not very quick at all.

Make ur own conclusions.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2016 4:33 PM

Infinito3010:
    Conclusion, now we have better clubs and balls, you would think the meter would be slower.......hmmmmm.....

Well at least a consistent smooth meter 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2016 7:22 PM

Woodoworkery:

Infinito3010:
    Conclusion, now we have better clubs and balls, you would think the meter would be slower.......hmmmmm.....

Well at least a consistent smooth meter 

That is more dependent on your computer  and how well it and the browser you use work with flash.

• PAGES
RSS