Help › Forums

average required for tour legend

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 19 2023 8:51 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • canibirdie
    70 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 8:50 AM

been stuck on legend since level 59 and cant seem to figure the tier ranking averages out

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 5:52 PM

Check the search box.-------------------------------------->>>

It's been answered a lot of times.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 7:22 PM

First of all, you have only 327 ranked rounds, total. That is a ridiculously low number for a Legend.

You need 500 ranked rounds as a Legend to advance. When you reach that number, then you can start worrying about your average.

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 12:31 AM

You have a ways to go yet !! You need an average of 60.00 or better and have played 500 ranked rounds since you converted from Tour Master to Legend.

My best suggestion is, don't fuss too much about your average. Play the game and learn it well, you will need it ! 

• harkenn
    4 Posts
    Sat, Sep 3 2016 10:09 PM

Incorrect...you don't need 500 ranked rounds to reach Legend.  I reached Legend at 445 ranked rounds. There is no requirement stated, and everyone is guessing.  My best guess, along with all the others, is that you need at least 50 after reaching Tour Master, and less than a 61 average.  

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 10:21 AM

@harkenn: You misread the post before. It said, "500 rounds since conversion ... to Legend" which is true to all experience the community has. Add a 60.000 average threshold to become a Tour Legend.

It's not official, but some mods have pointed to the public requirement lists as "good guesses". I have yet to experience any proof of the opposite.

Your statement concerning the rise from TM to L is almost correct: It's 50 ranked or tournament rounds (9 or 18 holes) on courses of Par 60 to Par 80, and it's a precise 61.00 average (or lower).

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 10:30 AM

canibirdie:
    been stuck on legend since level 59 and cant seem to figure the tier ranking averages out

WGT – Tiers

• When you have played at least 5 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 100 you go from Hack to Amateur.

• When you have played at least 10  ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 80 you go from Amateur to Pro
    • When you have played at least 20 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 72 you go from Pro to Tour Pro

• When you have played at least 30 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 67 you go from Tour Pro to Master

• When you have played at least 40 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 63 you go from Master to Tour Master

• When you have played at least 50 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 61 you go from Tour Master to Legend 

• When you have played at least 500 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 60 you go from Legend  to Tour Legend

The number of ranked rounds listed is the number of ranked rounds for that tier. Additionally, par 3 and par 5 rounds do not count. So as was pointed out above, you need 500 ranked rounds at the tier of Legend as well as an average of 60 or lower to get to Tour Legend. 

In other words, relax; you're likely to be at legend for a while.  :-) 

Edit: One caveat to the above list is that a person can move up in tiers (until Legend, I believe) by playing higher level tier players in match play and beating them.  

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 10:33 AM

harkenn:
    Incorrect...you don't need 500 ranked rounds to reach Legend.  

That's not what he wrote. And the guesses that have been made are accurate. As an example, when I hit 500 ranked rounds as Legend, I was saturated. 

• damien063
    3 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2022 5:05 PM
    Why do you know why I have 741 ranked Rounds with a 55.03 average yet WGT will not promote me to tour legend
  • damien063
    3 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2022 5:06 PM
    Why do you know why I have 741 ranked Rounds with a 55.03 average yet WGT will not promote me to tour legend
  • PAGES
RSS