Forums

Help › Forums

Average required for Tour Champion

Thu, Dec 19 2019 6:07 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tanneralis
    419 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 5:11 PM

Can anyone tell me what the average required for tour champion is please ??

57 or 58 maybe 

Regards,

Greg.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 8:08 PM

There is no number - it's by appointment.

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 8:50 PM

alosso:

There is no number - it's by appointment.

I heard the award could be offered when you hit 100,000 ranked rounds......

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 11:25 PM

... or soon after that ...

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 12:12 AM

alosso:

... or soon after that ...

Oh yes,,,they did not divulge the exact number.....

• tanneralis
    419 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 4:54 AM

Anyone with an intelligent answer or someone who doesn't live in the forums answering posts for the hell of it lol

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 1:14 PM

Actually alosso's first reply was correct - it is by invite only. To simplify it for you, they chose who is bestowed that honour and no-one outside WGT knows what criteria that may entail.

The subsequent retorts were a play on the veil of secrecy the company has, if that was too subtle for you then I apologise.

And I do not live in the forums, far from it. I read them periodically during the day when I have some free time or need a break. I usually will try to help players, but some simply do not have the intelligence to decipher advice from a quip at WGT.

Edit - I believe there are 2 Tour Champions with this title - one being Icon, presumably for testing reasons, the other was posthumously to Phiber.

Regardless the tier systems are flawed as the "averages" are false once you hit saturation in any tier and especially as there are many red tee players (and I am not saying the OP is).

A rethink was required and sadly WGT missed the point when these new tiers were introduced, so they are a title by name but not necessarily by distinction.

• tanneralis
    419 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 5:41 PM

alanti:
    Regardless the tier systems are flawed as the "averages" are false once you hit saturation in any tier and especially as there are many red tee players (and I am not saying the OP is).

I asked WGT to not saturate my average at all once i reached legend but they said their system didn't allow it........and what a ridiculous system it is

• PAGES
RSS