Forums

Help › Forums

Forum Rats?...

Mon, May 16 2016 8:34 AM (24 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2016 5:16 PM

It has a pejorative meaning, but who are these people?

I've stated before that I enjoy this forum. I strive to use it for what it was designed for, which is public discourse. Mostly golf related, but not always. I read the forum daily, and I see a lot of familiar names attached to the threads or posts. My opinions are as balanced and fair as I can make them. I also provide legitimate examples whenever possible, usually by quoting someone verbatim, to ensure context and accuracy. I make mistakes, but generally I'm satisfied that my opinions are lucid. 

There is often drama with many of the topics and opinions. Backgrounds, life experiences, demographics, and other factors, obviously impact the tone and content of the posts. Sometimes it borders on the childish.

To wit: the forum rats (myself included) have been referred to as nasty, having no life, dishonest, cowards, bullies..??

^^^ are generally asserted by people who dislike the author(s), rather than what he or she opined. The post is simply a vehicle for them to manifest this personal disdain. That's why the accusers rarely, if ever, provide hard evidence to support their claims. 

Regardless, the one truism is that whenever anyone is honestly in trouble, or is seeking advice, or needs comforting or support, it is the "forum rats" whose names appear at the bottom of the posts providing these things. Certain others prefer to abstain, and wait for the next opportunity to hi-jack a thread with a broad brush and zero credibility.

Forum rats?...indeed.

ct

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2016 6:26 PM

I hear ya, boss!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2016 6:50 PM

ct690911:
    It has a pejorative meaning, but who are these people?

It's a term by those who have no clue, and want to only get sympathy from their posts.

I/e

Pretend poster: "My PW only went 80 yards"

Then say's "I don't want any of the forum rats to respond"....mercy...

So called Forum Rat: "What kind of wind did you hit with and spin did you use....did you ding it?"

Pretend poster "I said "no forum rats".

This is the type of post (er) that is eliciting a "Aw..me too man...happens all the time, WGT is effing us over:-response and doesn't want to hear from anyone who has real knowledge of the game, to offer some sound advice.

Then there's the posters that just create a topic like, oh, I dunno.....well, I think we all do, that will argue Red is Black, and if you don't agree with them, you are now a Forum Rat!.

Also staing "Forum rats need not respond"...

Which actually means "If you agree with me, post up, if you don't agree with me, don't post"...lol

Easy, huh?

Well this is how it pertains to some less than full minded folks on WGT, but in the real virtual world, it should relate to those with many posts in public forums....I/e the members who cruise the forums and try to add some humor to post, or reply with help, etc...in essence a real "Forum Rat" should not be a negative term, it should be someone who is active in posting in forum's.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2016 7:38 PM

Got any cheese?

Questioneth the rat ....

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 1:13 AM

Superb replies above - particularly from Mr. Bags'.

^^^ As is - no editing/altering by myself involved.

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 1:26 AM

WigerToods2010:
    Superb replies above - particularly from Mr. Bags'.

So I'm assuming he's now Mr. Rat Bags ??

I am feeling a little like I might be becoming one of the Rat Pack by weight of Posts - so consciously cutting back   lol

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 1:50 AM

hakman123:
    So I'm assuming he's now Mr. Rat Bags ??

♬"Ratification... that's the name of the game."♬

~ Bobby Darin ~

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 2:35 AM

I've been named so a few times but never cared, not even knew the exact meaning. I only recognised the correlation to my posts no.

Now, following the Urban Dictionary definition, I'm happy to see that this name doesn't fit me (and nobody else in this thread). Often enough, it's just the ususal prejudicative defamation of people that don't like what they read and rather hide behind an attack ad personam than  have a POV and find arguments of their own. Those trolls suck!

BTW: I heard that there is cheese - enough flavours I hope?

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 2:59 AM

Q. What is that rat poison for?

A. For ummmmm rats  (thinking)

Q. What is that rat poison for?

A. For ummmmmmmm rats (sarcastic)

Q. What the hells those over there i said two!!!!!!!? (Noah)

A. Errrrrrrr four ummmm rats ( son of Noah)

Q. Sitting Bull, whats that cheese for over there?

A. For um rats

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 3:53 AM

This thread is infested!

RSS