Forums

Help › Forums

DOUBLESAWBUCK

Sun, May 1 2016 2:04 AM (78 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 8:46 AM

SweetiePie:

Nah. She was a good Governor for Alaska, took a no chance chance with McCain. She is harmless, interesting but I am way smarter than she. Guaranteed

Oh?...can you see Russia from your house?...lol

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 9:02 AM

mkg335:

As far as Trump's foreign policy speech, the general impression is that he struggled with it, had no focus, contradicted himself, and was basically telling a joke without a punchline.

I am no expert on US foreign policy, but isn't that exactly what's been occurring over the past few administrations?.

I'm not sure how much any president has to personally know about global political issues. There is no shortage of experts available to brief them. POTUS certainly needs to understand the critical role the US plays in the world, and be able to make reasoned decisions based on the advice he/she receives.

Trump is quick to act and over-react. When your goal is to make money, you can be almost any type of personality; but holding the most powerful office in the world?. At any rate, I don't think it matters who has the chair, with the perpetual gridlock, not much will get done...good or bad.

ps: ex-speaker John Boehner just referred to Ted Cruz as "Lucifer in the flesh"...oi vey

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 9:06 AM

Colin, that's yet more evidence of the ongoing Republican implosion...and they're just getting started.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 9:38 AM

YankeeJim:
    Very, very scary thought  that lynch mob mentality is taking over the ignorant masses that support him.

Lol, I guess I'll just have to resemble that remark, Jim. Or, I could paraphrase the quote that " insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results ". Hmmm, " ignorant " or " insane ", I'm gonna go with " ignorant ", at least I can become educated.

Doc :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 10:16 AM

drmoose:
    I'm gonna go with " ignorant ", at least I can become educated.

LMAO.  You won't be alone there, Doc, there's going to be a lot of educating going on when the answers to tough questions can't be sidetracked by theatrics. When that happens remains to be seen.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 10:45 AM

The late, great Christopher Hitchens on Trump:

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 1:18 PM

Pretty interesting...started at $20 and have elevated to a multi-billionaire.

~ SP of Alaska ~

;-}}

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 1:49 PM

YankeeJim:
    LMAO.  You won't be alone there, Doc, there's going to be a lot of educating going on when the answers to tough questions can't be sidetracked by theatrics. When that happens remains to be seen.

On that I'd agree, Jim, but, would modify it to be inclusive of all the candidates . Unless of course you're referring to well orchestrated political double speak, at which Hillary obviously excels.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 1:58 PM

SweetiePie:

Pretty interesting...started at $20 and have elevated to a multi-billionaire.

~ SP of Alaska ~

;-}}

If you're referring to Trump, he started with an inheritance from his father worth somewhere between $40 million and $200 million...and those are 1982 dollars.

p.s.  Love the new sig.

;-)

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 3:07 PM

Mark, i'm thinkin' SP was referring to the original thread title "Double Sawbuck". Not like you to miss a trick. Is this really you, or, have them pesky pods made a return ?

RSS