Forums

Help › Forums

level up boons

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 4 2016 11:29 PM (3 replies)
  • ardeeprime
    77 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2016 4:40 AM

there is a level up perk in the form of a free rental of offered clubs. It used to be for 24 hours, now it's only 2. Okay, it's a perk. However, the last two level-ups I've had, the clubs offered were not better than the clubs I own (and I do not own the top-of-the-line clubs). Also, when I leveled up, I had a previous 2 hour commitment, so I was unable to rent the clubs even if I was offered ones in which I had an interest. Not a great perk, or enticement to buy a better club.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2016 1:45 PM

There are quite a few clubs which aren't worth buying or even renting. Wait for the better ones.

You can always prolong the rental time!

Rent and equip the club, then start a ranked round or tournament on the course you want to use for trial. The club will be yours until the end of that round - you may save it between or just x out - the round will come back the next time.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2016 11:47 AM

ardeeprime: Considering your level, you have had many opportunities to get free rentals. In fact just 2 weekends past there was a 2 day free rental where you could use any clubs that you wanted other than the TaylorMade R1 Super TP 9.0 for free. Granted it does take a lot of time for you to now go to a higher level, but as such an experienced veteran of WGT I would expect that might have made use of earlier free rentals to test all of their various clubs. And as you well know very little new equipment comes out for the high level players. Perhaps that is your real complaint. As I see it, once a player reaches level 100 there is not much need to go on up in levels. Now is the time to concentrate on your tier if you need to focus on something other than the fun of the game.

• ardeeprime
    77 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 11:29 PM

Actually. I am relatively fine without the free rental boon. But if they are offering, it seems silly to offer clubs for which I would have little interest. It is somewhat of a sales tactic, after all, so I was directing my comments more to that.

RSS