Forums

Help › Forums

Community Spotlight

Mon, Apr 25 2016 3:37 PM (29 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2016 10:42 AM

I rarely look at it unless I'm checking out CC requests, but I can't help but notice that Iconian/our own Icon, is always under the spotlight which seems to me to be rather odd considering his Tour Champion achievement is an un-earned, self appointment. Can anyone help me to fully understand this unusual celebration ?

~ Lily ~ 

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2016 11:29 AM

Me thinks that the selection is totally automatic. Players from all tiers are presented there, but only those with averages below 60. But, since there is only one TC, he will be appearing nonetheless.

Being displayed alongside dead 59 average hack accounts is not a celebration IMHO. It's rather public exposure.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2016 11:30 AM

Hi Lily;

From my understanding, Tour Champion was never meant to be "earned" in the sense of actual achievement...ie, a certain number of ranked rounds and low average. It's an honorary title, based solely on invite by WGT. The criteria one needs to meet was never explained.

Since its inception, there have been only two people elevated to the tier. Icon and "Phiber", co-founder of ABoB CC, who was awarded the title posthumously.

Like many ideas before it, the concept of TC seems to have floundered.

The above is to the best of my knowledge. A moderator is better positioned to address this. Perhaps Icon would be so kind?..:)

ct

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2016 12:13 PM

I would think Iconian was the ideal choice to test if the new tier system was operating as expected - employee/fantastic online golfer/all round goody-two-shoes...

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2016 12:33 PM

True...but the FDA doesn't even test new drugs for as long as Icon's been "testing" this new tier...lol

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2016 3:09 PM

ct690911:
    "Phiber", co-founder of ABoB CC, who was awarded the title posthumously.

Hmm....gosh, if things go south for me I don't want it. ;-}}

Oh, is Phiber ever in the spotlight ?

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2016 3:34 PM

SweetiePie:

ct690911:
    "Phiber", co-founder of ABoB CC, who was awarded the title posthumously.

Hmm....gosh, if things go south for me I don't want it. ;-}}

Oh, is Phiber ever in the spotlight ?

No, lass.  Leo enjoys a more esteemed place of honor. His name is forever inscribed on our memorial wall, along with other brave veterans we have lost from the CC. 

As far as your situation, you have a few things in your favor that Leo didn't have. You are much younger, stronger and are responding well to treatment. I am confident that you will make a complete recovery.:)

You will simply have to find another way to be elevated to TC...lol

ct

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2016 4:26 PM

ct690911:
    From my understanding, Tour Champion was never meant to be "earned" in the sense of actual achievement...ie, a certain number of ranked rounds and low average. It's an honorary title, based solely on invite by WGT. The criteria one needs to meet was never explained.

Not quite true ct.

The criteria includes average as well as performance in tournaments.

WGTadmin2:
    As for the Tour Champions tier it will be invite only, and also be based on your Average score with the additional variable of how you performed in past tournaments.  

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2016 5:05 PM

You're always in my spotlight, Lily.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2016 5:14 PM

andyson:

ct690911:

Not quite true ct.

The criteria includes average as well as performance in tournaments.

WGTadmin2:
    As for the Tour Champions tier it will be invite only, and also be based on your Average score with the additional variable of how you performed in past tournaments.  

Thanks Andy...I wasn't 100% positive. That said, I still wouldn't mind a Mod providing an update on the tier's progression...seems to have been stagnant a long time. In the meantime, many players have made Champion tier.

RSS