Forums

Help › Forums

A different game

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 29 2016 1:00 PM (4 replies)
  • jshfire
    3 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2016 4:44 PM

Are  some people  playing a different game to me or are there cheats for the system ? I've just shot a horrible 80 on the Nation Pebble Beach 18 (lost it on the last 6-8 holes, a stupid shot and it all went wrong. It's back tees and uneven lies and the top of the leader board is 54, seriously. I play for my own enjoyment, I don't seek friends and I'm not into country clubs but am I alone in thinking these sort of scores make the game seem ridiculous ?

• narsole
    15 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 10:14 AM

jshfire:

Are  some people  playing a different game to me or are there cheats for the system ? I've just shot a horrible 80 on the Nation Pebble Beach 18 (lost it on the last 6-8 holes, a stupid shot and it all went wrong. It's back tees and uneven lies and the top of the leader board is 54, seriously. I play for my own enjoyment, I don't seek friends and I'm not into country clubs but am I alone in thinking these sort of scores make the game seem ridiculous ?

Who cares? I play for fun although some of my scores make me wince it's only a bludy game. I shot a 69 yesterday and felt good about it yet the leader was on 58! So what? 

• jshfire
    3 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 11:26 AM

Fair comment ! I must have had a really bad day and a few "fizzy-pops", don't usual have my head that far up my backside :-)

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 3:56 PM

I can assure you mate that it is indeed possible. Players like Fmags have been playing for a lot of years and put a lot into working out slopes, yardages etc. Keep plugging away and your scores will drop. I have been trying a bit of UL lately and it's like learning all over again.

Fairways and greens,  

Jacko.

• jshfire
    3 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2016 1:00 PM

Yes, I only use Putt Pal, not too expensive clubs & balls. The fact that I tend to do better at Single Play & UL would probably explain things to an extent. Not really a thread I should have started with the advantage of hindsight. There are those that have different priorities than me, fair play to them.

RSS