Forums

Help › Forums

Farewell WGT

Sat, May 7 2016 3:49 PM (24 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 1:38 PM

TheAceFactor:

On behalf of WGT, ty for your post and we will see you tomorrow..:)

ps...you seriously need to upgrade your lob wedge !

Typical !

Hi Rocket ,  try this...Control panel> System and Security>SYSTEM (in bold green)>advanced system settings (far left)> Performance settings , visual effects , processor scheduling , memory usage , and virtual memory> set to Adjust for best performance> Restart Comp.

~Ace~

You are correct Ace...someone threatening to leave WGT by using a mega-phone to announce it in the public forum, is getting to be somewhat typical. Especially when they never actually leave.

Rocket...after doing what Ace suggests, upgrade your lob wedge...and we will see you tomorrow..:)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 2:13 PM

alanti:
    When I used XP, I would pull back on the swing, hold and wait for a few seconds before hitting. I use Win 10 now, and it took a lot of tinkering to optimise my laptop for playing WGT.

I can vouch for this and the fix is in Flash. I was forced to use my VAIO laptop for a spell and it has XP with only 940 MB RAM. It was definitely an exercise but I was able to get a decent meter. It all revolved around browser editions and Flash versions and if you're not up on how to monkey with Flash versions, it could be a nightmare trying to get that decent meter.

I have another laptop, identical to the one I have used for this game from the beginning, and I chose the free W10 upgrade for that one to see what it was all about. FFS, I still don't have the game right on it because of the nuances of W10, not the least of which is something they now call File Ownership, or something like that. It's a Federal case to try and delete files now, like Flash. 

I know there's W10 users here that play just fine on it. (I'll figure it out when I have to, W7 is working just fine on my main lapper.) They are the ones that should be helping the OP. He's just a little bent and I can understand why.

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 3:24 AM

l found the W10 upgrade to controling and fussy really hated it, and l was pleased to see there was an option to switch back to windows 7 within a month of installing 10,and l switched back to 7 the same day l initialy installed 10

Not looking forward to Buying a new laptop in the future 10 will come as Standard.

Dave

• jiggsie
    478 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 2:44 PM

Top shelf - use your XP for WGT only - if that all u do don't worry about upgrades. You can buy new desktop for less than a case of Scotch - use it as a dedicated machine. You could also dedicate the scotch only drink it when u play WGT.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 2:49 PM

Windows 10 was constantly being pushed through on my Laptop i felt. Always relented then i decided to download it yesterday.

Glad i did, looks much better than 8.1 and smooth meter on here.

May be a mistake but as of now, im very happy with it.

Just for info of course, i know others may not say the same

Bubbs

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2016 7:50 AM

sMcRocket:
    You see, I was forced to buy a new computer because my trusted XP unit is no longer supported

Why? I still play on an ancient PC with XP and have no need for it to be supported. Of course, I use a newer laptop for everything else.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2016 6:21 AM

Hi Bubba,

No mistake I dont think. I have just upgraded to W10 also, and find it works absolutely perfectly. Better than on W7.

I use Google Chrome - and yes there is some minor swing meter stutter, more so when putting,  but nothing I cant handle.

Windows 10 looks really good from my point of view, you cant just sit on old operating systems forever - you need to upgrade from time to time, and stay with the latest and greatest.

Windows 10 - thumbs up from me !!

Happy hittin

Doug

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2016 6:50 AM

sMcRocket: It is good to see you back already and spending credits on this game that you so recently abandoned.  Did you get your system fixed or find that this is the only game in town unless you have a PlayStation or XBox? Obviously the WGT did not do anything to "correct" the perceived problems that you pointed out. In fact it seems doubtful that they will do much to modify their game until there is competition for your time. Even simple things like re-designing the CC clash format so it is more balanced and fair is not on their priority list. Those of us who are addicted take the Serenity Prayer seriously.

• BigDogRuns
    59 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2016 4:49 PM

WGT is a dying site. Ask yourself why did they sell when they sold. Absolutely nothing, I mean nothing, is going on here. Oh wait, you can pay 37 cents to play in their clash which is so obviously meaningless, rewardless, and meant for one thing only, to take the last few cents they can rip from your hands. There are few club selections, ridiculous times before you can level up at the highest levels, meant to keep you buying balls, outright deception, recall the change to level up for a CC to nearly unreachable numbers, they can't and they won't ever fix the meter problem. I have a rock-solid 946 up, 942 down and I still have the meter problems. CC levels, more coming soon, yeah, how long has that been out there, a year? There are so many golf games now, time to check around I think.

• twichipper
    424 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2016 8:04 PM

hey MM..

AS far as the space bar not working right, it is due to the adobe flash defaulted on W10. Switch to Maxthon 4.4. Do not use the 4.9  cloud version as you will still have the same problem. use Max only for wgt and default it for this site. then switch your Google from Chrome to Bing and save WGT as a favorite there. I have no problems at all with meter or chat typing since.

enjoy.and if you do it and works all goo, you awe me a match  :>))

Chipper

RSS