Forums

Help › Forums

new golf game called Winning Putt

Sun, Oct 13 2019 1:16 PM (23 replies)
  • Fubar057
    170 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 1:20 PM

has anyone log onto or played the new golf game called wonning putt! suppose to be more life like ??

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 1:42 PM

Why don't you go find out?

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 2:03 PM

I saw a post pn the CC, 2 people went there, and left in less than an hour because it isn't even close to realistic...

That and you have to download the game to your computer and it is a several gig download...

2nd hand info, don't shoot the messenger~

• Fubar057
    170 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 2:05 PM

I am DW just waiting for it to download, was just asking if anyone on here might heve tried it out since this game is going to crap, with all the BS that goes on with this game !

• Fubar057
    170 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 2:09 PM

tks for the info, yea takes long time to download , but fig. it worth the wait if it turns out to be better than this game with all its BS 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 2:19 PM

One of the posts said \/ \/ \/ \/

Pain in the butt, have to download it to play it(!?!?!?!) and it is really diffucult to play, tried it for five mins and dumped it

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 2:34 PM

It's like the sims meets cartoon golf. I'ts really shite.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 2:46 PM

Fubar057:

tks for the info, yea takes long time to download , but fig. it worth the wait if it turns out to be better than this game with all its BS 

Are you on commission?

Nothing wrong with backspin by the way.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 3:06 PM

I saw it at a friends house who got it , I did not like what a saw . But like any new golf game I did sign up but only for one reason , To take the player name only , I would not want some sicko to take that name and start something there and tell them to come here to WGT looking for me .

OPY

• AndreasHelke
    675 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2016 8:21 AM

I am just trying it out. This is more of an arcade sports game than the simulation of the real game WGT tries to be.

This is a golf simulation developed by a rather big japanese game comany with modern tools and competent developers. It uses a modern 3D game engine with artificially created golf courses. Pretty much all vegetation moves with the wind. The meter is always smooth despite of a lot of work being done in the background.

Almost all other interaction happens in a 3D Town square where you have to walk or run to the spots you need. Including the frequently needed but so far still cheap visits to the golf club repair shop. This virtual golf simulation is a lot harder on the clubs than a real golf game on real equipment. It seems some clubs need repair after each 18 hole round or even emergency repair during the round.

There are very few bugs. When compared to WGT almost none despite the game still beeing in Beta right now.

My craphics card uses an extra 60W when the Winning Put game is started.

I think it provides more chances to interact with other players than WGT does.

In the very easy mode you start with an experienced WGT player will have very little trouble with the game play. The caddie actually gives correct advice and 30 feet puts are almost trivially simple to get into the holes on a lot of greens of the beginners courses. But the beginners clubs are not long enough to reach the green in regulation on most holes.

If WGT would use real high res photos instead of the compressed junk they are currently feeding us as course photos, a smooth meter and a lot fewer bugs WGT would be the undisputed leader for golf simulations. As it currently is I am not so sure.

The PC version of WGT became a lot closer to beeing obsolete than it already was with this new very serious competition. For me the WGT mobile version is no alternative because I am not good at correct timing if my finger has to hoover above a touch screen.

Andreas

RSS