Forums

Help › Forums

Being a Director of a country club

Thu, Jan 25 2018 6:20 AM (27 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 3:00 AM

BingoBen:

I'd like to find out if there are any advantages to being a 'Director' in a Country Club.  Being a member is one thing but can get expensive you are a constant contributor -- playing "CLASH" games and entering internal tournaments.   I'm not seeing any real advantages to staying a member.   Anyone have any input about this.

Aside from the information provided by the various posters, the one other thing when I was a director, was the opportunity to influence the owners on how to improve our CC. There are but a few Directors in each CC, and they are part of the management team. We opined on different ways to help set a direction for the CC. The owner was free to take our advice or not, but at least he listened.

• wizzkid32
    154 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 5:18 AM

alosso:

wizzkid32:
    Any CC Owner would love it if all the CC members actually used their 2 FREE CC Passes during play.

I don't. We're at CC level 10 - more than enough!

I can understand that philosophy but for me it applies after reaching CC Level 13 where the bonus XPs max out.

alosso:

wizzkid32:
    You be amazed how hard it is to get a member to even use 1 of those free passes.

Do you know that some CC members don't get free passes from the start? At least this is my latest information on that matter. And, outside Europe and Africa (=close to UTC) it may be cumbersome to identify the one game to gather the precious CDP bonus for the CC...

I was under the impression that ALL WGT members get 2 free CC Passes per day....1 every 12 hours.  So what you're stating shocks me.  Are you saying folks out of the USA are treated differently?  If so, then WGT needs to do some repair.

Now, identifying the one game where the CDP bonus would get to the CC via the use of a CC Pass...couldn't that be figured out in a 24hr period?  That confuses me because after you know what time your WGT day starts you just need to work around that.

When I started playing I had no idea what a CDP bonus was...or even what a CC was for about 2 months.  Then one day I had a Putter Pal and a Shot Pal and I was thrilled to death...BUT...I didn't even know how the hell I got them.  Evidently I joined a CC when I hit "accept" from an "invite" when I thought I was just accepting a friend request.  I was so green.  Then I found the WGT Main Forum.  Then I actually found, and joined, The Georgian where I learned how to play the game from some of the many great players they have among their membership.  A CC is a great asset to have when you're green and have no clue how to play this very addictive game.

• wizzkid32
    154 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 5:22 AM

BingoBen:
    I'm not seeing any real advantages to staying a member.   Anyone have any input about this.

1) Leveling up faster due to CC XP bonuses

2) Putter Pal

3) Shot Pal

4) Lasting friendships (there are a lot of good people in the world)

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 8:52 AM

Why should we care about that nonsense limitation of directors? Just another stupid incentive to spend CC passes!

It's up to the owner to organise his CC.

I for one don't need directors. If I want opinions, I ask my members in the forum, and if I need help, the members provide it - not "Directors".

I've been using "Veteran" to provide members with certain rights - access to Super Passes. All members except Recruits can set up tournaments.

We might as well use any title to set up any necessary rights, as long only the intended people are in that title.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2016 3:34 AM

"I for one don't need directors. If I want opinions, I ask my members in the forum, and if I need help, the members provide it - not "Directors"."

@ Alosso

Only problem I see with asking the general membership is you may end up with 100+ different opinions...lol. Most CC owners select who they deem to be the most competent and dedicated members for director positions. People in positions of authority generally have a small cadre of trusted advisors at hand...Politics, Business, etc. 

Small CCs (say under 20 mbrs) probably don't need directors, but I think it would be advantageous for CCs with over 100 mbrs. Advice from trusted eyes and ears will help an owner run a more efficient CC. (IMHO)

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2016 4:43 AM

We've had 250 members, now weeded down to 205, and my statement stands.

I'd weigh each opinion against mine and my experience, so that's not a problem. Both me and my membership should somehow be happy.

Inactivity is a bigger problem - I'd hardly get more than five opinions ;)

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2016 5:11 AM

BingoBen:

I'd like to find out if there are any advantages to being a 'Director' in a Country Club.

Well Bingo .. it's a resounding NO to be honest.

Directors have been conceived as a soft target wgt punching bag.

Unlike Banks, which are coming soon, no real or actual powers are vested in them.

Here's a short clip from yet another feisty early morning meeting on this very subject at our cc today. (Director on the right.)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2016 5:46 AM

It all depends on which club you are a director of, I get a £100,000 annual expense account and free use of the club Lear jet at weekends.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2016 6:07 AM

I just let all my Directors do all the work in the club.leagues, inter cc etc etc.

I just sit back and put a big cuban in my mouth ;-)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2016 6:59 AM

bubbsboy:

I just let all my Directors do all the work in the club.leagues, inter cc etc etc.

I just sit back and put a big cuban in my mouth ;-)

What's his name?

RSS