Forums

Help › Forums

Being a Director of a country club

Thu, Jan 25 2018 6:20 AM (27 replies)
  • BingoBen
    525 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2016 1:05 PM

I'd like to find out if there are any advantages to being a 'Director' in a Country Club.  Being a member is one thing but can get expensive you are a constant contributor -- playing "CLASH" games and entering internal tournaments.   I'm not seeing any real advantages to staying a member.   Anyone have any input about this.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 6:59 AM

The title as such is only good for reputation. The "benefits" come when the owner allows for some extra permissions in his owner's tools, such as creating tournaments, using Super Passes in Clashes or inviting new members. But, these permissions can as well be given to any other member title group.

Being a CC member doesn't cost you in the first place, but makes you part of a user community which includes some advantages:

- to play (and create?) extra tournaments with or without wagers,

- to use the priviledges of CCs of a certain level (mainly, Shot and Putter Pals),

- to play in a CC event (hopefully, you won't bet on the Golden Calf with purchased CC passes),

- to enjoy some bonds between members, resulting in common activities and more reliability in multiplayer games, as well as possibly a higher willingness to help and support each other.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 7:48 AM

being an ex director of a cc the only thing i found was i could invite players to join cc without having to go through the owner first

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 8:24 AM

This was by extra permission of your CC owner, and as I said, it may be granted to any member type, even Recruits.

The only special thing with Directors is their limited number in a CC.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 9:21 AM

alosso:

The only special thing with Directors is their limited number in a CC.

I also have access to the directors bathroom in our clubhouse.  The bog roll in there is really soft, not that dreadful sand paper stuff the plebs get.

There's also the unlimited free drink in the bar, the company Bentley, the annual all expenses paid holiday to the Bahamas and a host of other wonderful things.

The benefits are quite extraordinary.

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 9:21 AM

You do know that you don't have to buy a CC pass for every round you play, right ?   If you stopped buying so many of those it would be much less expensive.

• wizzkid32
    154 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 9:45 AM

Being a director doesn't make the game any less expensive and offers nothing additional other than what has been stated above.  And there is all good information posted here.

As for CC Passes I think you shouldn't purchase any of them.  Just use the 2 "free" CC Passes that you get every 12 hours.  No CC should require their members to play a CC Pass every round that a member plays.  The rounds you play without using a CC Pass will still accumulate XPs for you as an individual WGT golfer, just not for your CC, which allows you to level up faster.  Using a CC Pass gives both you and the CC the same amount of XPs.  

Any CC Owner would love it if all the CC members actually used their 2 FREE CC Passes during play.  You be amazed how hard it is to get a member to even use 1 of those free passes.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Mar 23 2016 4:21 PM

wizzkid32:
    Any CC Owner would love it if all the CC members actually used their 2 FREE CC Passes during play.

I don't. We're at CC level 10 - more than enough!

wizzkid32:
    You be amazed how hard it is to get a member to even use 1 of those free passes.

Do you know that some CC members don't get free passes from the start? At least this is my latest information on that matter. And, outside Europe and Africa (=close to UTC) it may be cumbersome to identify the one game to gather the precious CDP bonus for the CC...

• deadeye9145
    371 Posts
    Wed, Mar 23 2016 4:55 PM

Bingo, if you are spinding credits to be a member, than you are in the wrong club.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 2:30 AM

It doesn't cost anything to be a member of A CC. Sure you can and the key word is CAN buy  CC passes but there is no reason to buy passes unless you really want to. And you can enter premium tourneys where you have to pay an entry fee to play. But 2 things here # 1 again they key word is CAN you can pay to play in the tourneys but if you don;t choose to play there is no credits spent. # 2 you have a chance to win back your entry fee and more if you play well enough.

As for being a director there are 2 permissions granted by the owner

invite players to join and send E-mail to all CC members.

RSS